Light-O-Rama Forums

CB100D Bulbs

SPaschall

The challenge with getting CCP's and CCB's to work with the Pixel Editor is avoiding the macro channels. If using "dual-normal" mode, it is possible to configure all 100 pixels as a single string. In legacy mode, you should be able to use 50 pixels per string - just set "Max Circuit" to 16. To be clear, you can use all 100 pixels, they just have to be treated as 2 strings of 50 in the Pixel Editor. Those 2 strings can be in 1 prop, 2 props, or more.

Matt

• Like 1

The challenge with getting CCP's and CCB's to work with the Pixel Editor is avoiding the macro channels. If using "dual-normal" mode, it is possible to configure all 100 pixels as a single string. In legacy mode, you should be able to use 50 pixels per string - just set "Max Circuit" to 16. To be clear, you can use all 100 pixels, they just have to be treated as 2 strings of 50 in the Pixel Editor. Those 2 strings can be in 1 prop, 2 props, or more.

Matt

So when I set the addresses to map them out, would I still need to figure the macro channels in? I.E. First string 150 second string 161 ect.. assuming I am in dual-normal mode.

SPaschall

If you use dual-normal mode and set Max Circuits to 150, then the channel calculations in the Prop Definition window will always avoid the macro channels. You can verify this by selecting Prop > Layout from the Preview Design window after you have created your prop - it will show the unit id and circuit of every pixel in the prop.

Matt

• Like 1

I can vouch for Matt's approach it works just fine. Dual Normal is the way to go and then you can also use the Flip String settings to move Pixel/Bulb #1 to whichever end of the string you want it.

It took Matt's suggestion for me to try Dual Normal as it is not documented in the CB100D manual I received -- though it showed up in the Hardware Utility when I went to Configure the controller.

Scott