Light-O-Rama Forums

I need pink LEDs!

thebaronn

Hello:

Well payback is upon me. It was my first year using LOR and i used 48 channels and only LED lights (it was cheaper to buy 300 sets of LED rather than get the electrical system up to the level of handling all the minis, plus running 11K LEDS and 3 controllers off of one 15amp outlet is pretty sweet, not too mention it is a rental, lol). Part of the "deal" my wife made me was that I could go as crazy as I wanted, but she wanted me to do a valentine display. So I have been googling my but off looking for some PINK!!!! LEDs.

Any thoughts, was just wondering if anyone had any secret connections.

Thank you in advance.

Eric

Eric,

Try Paul at CreativeDisplays.com. Keep in mind colors of LED vary in price. According to Paul's web site looks like Pink is one of the more expensive colors.

http://www.creativedisplays.com/siteresources/modules/webstore/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=524

I use the LEDs from Paul and have been very satisfied with them. The do work with LOR. For the LOR display at PLUS they had a large leaping arch in the booth that was made with LEDs from Paul.

Chuck

that is the first place i went. (purchased a case of purple this year, ouch). I sent him an email, but no replay as of yet.

guess i could just buy pink minis I wont be going too crazy for heart day.

Do you plan on synchronizing the lights to music? I've seen other really neat lights, like strands of red hearts or candy hearts.

Also, you could make a huge heart out of (2) 10 foot pieces of 3/4" schedule 80 pvc, (2) 45's , and about 50 feet of red lights (your preference of mini's or LED's), and red garland is optional to really cover up the pvc.

Here's a picture from a member of PC:

Attached files 147395=8641-PorchHeart.jpg

my wife would kill me if it was a static display!! Was thinking of taking a big peice of plywood and drill out the pattern for 2 heart, one normal and one split in two (or even different stages of splitting)

Any song ideas? We like fairly fast stuff. So far we have "love stinks" and "aint talkin bout love" (her choices, those are too slow for me)

thanks

Eric,

Pink is one of the most expensive LED colors around! You can get pink LEDs in various sizes/types here:

http://www.ledholidaylighting.com/

I have purchased from here in the past and Travis and his company have been excellent. I will be buying more for 2008.

They are ForeverBrite brand LEDs and are highly rated along with Paul's LEDs at Creative Displays.

Hope this helps,