Light-O-Rama Forums

why is the show skipping the first two songs (at least)!?!?

portcity_gt

I just spent an hour picking the sequences i want to play in the show, and it skips the first two every time....they play fine in sequence editor.

It shows an error " windows media player couldnt find media" why is the media player looking for it! Shouldn't lor be looking for it?

Sounds like the media files are not correct.

I have gone through every sequence and manually assigned the media and saved it.

They will play fine and control the lights with sequence editor.

TThis what i did....i added up all the songs and i had 4 hours worth in the show for a 2 hour party this weekend, so i went through deleting some and saved it.

Now before that i had one song in particular in "start up" (three total) and the rest in "musical" on shuffle. I removed the start up songs and put the musical ones in order and saved.....but now something is all screwed up!

I just spent an hour picking the sequences i want to play in the show, and it skips the first two every time....they play fine in sequence editor.

I had this happening during testing, I took my audio files and ran them through audacity and then reassigned them and haven't had s problem since

I suggest running the LOR Verifier on your show.  If there are missing media files, it should tell you specifically what sequences and what media files.

Are you sure that the sequences you're putting into the show are the same as the sequences you're running in the Sequence Editor? For example, perhaps you're using sequences of the same name but in different directories?

I suggest running the LOR Verifier on your show. If there are missing media files, it should tell you specifically what sequences and what media files.

Are you sure that the sequences you're putting into the show are the same as the sequences you're running in the Sequence Editor? For example, perhaps you're using sequences of the same name but in different directories?

It sould be, this is a new show computer, a fresh download of lor 3.12 (i think) and the only thing on it at this point is this Halloween show.

Ill try the verifier when i get home.

If your music files are not where you told the sequence editor they were, the show player will skip those sequences and give you that error.  LOR uses windows media player to play the music.  Happened to me when I started my Halloween show too.  I moved everything from my cloud drive to my HDD and forgot to change the media file location in the SE.

If your music files are not where you told the sequence editor they were, the show player will skip those sequences and give you that error. LOR uses windows media player to play the music. Happened to me when I started my Halloween show too. I moved everything from my cloud drive to my HDD and forgot to change the media file location in the SE.

This pc isnt even hooked to the Internet, all mp3's are in the lor "audio" folder.

Whats odd to me is it played at least one of these songs fine when it was in the "startup" tab.....but now that its in "musical" it dosnt work.

Until you run the Verifier, all of this is going to be conjecture.  The Verifier will let you know what is wrong and what your next steps will be.

Until you run the Verifier, all of this is going to be conjecture. The Verifier will let you know what is wrong and what your next steps will be.

It might be easy, but how do i run it, wheres it located? So im not going in blind when i get home.

You can start the Verifier just like you start other LOR programs (like the Sequence Editor, for example).  For example, from the LOR Control Panel's right-click popup menu, or from your computer's Start menu, or from Windows Explorer.  However you start the Sequence Editor, act as if you're going to do that, but then look for something that says "Verifier" instead of "Sequence Editor".

You can start the Verifier just like you start other LOR programs (like the Sequence Editor, for example). For example, from the LOR Control Panel's right-click popup menu, or from your computer's Start menu, or from Windows Explorer. However you start the Sequence Editor, act as if you're going to do that, but then look for something that says "Verifier" instead of "Sequence Editor".

Got it thanks, i knew i had seen "Verifier" somewhere just couldnt remember where without looking.

Well i ran the verifier on that show and it found several media not found, sequence not found, conflicting channels, channel not on ect.

I double checked all the media was in one folder, and moved all the sequences to one folder, ran verifier on the same show....it said several sequences not found and the channel stuff......made a new show from scratch with all the same songs in the same order, ran verifier and all it found was the channel stuff.....so im not sure how but i think its fixed?