Franke

Not sure what I am over looking.

Networks
Comm Listener Port = 8837
Dasher Port = 0
List Networks = False
Uses DMX = True (currently unplugged)
X10 Port = 0

Regular = COM 5, Speed 57.6K (SC485-RJ45 Serial Adapter)
Aux A = COM 3, Speed 500K, Enhanced (USB-RS485-HS)

Universe 1 = E1.31 / 192.168.1.50:5568 (currently unplugged)

CTB16 & CTB08 on the slower LOR network. That works fine with SE.

I have four CMB24 on the faster LOR network.

I can control/test a couple dumb RGB strips on one of the CMB24 using the Hardware program. It can find all four of the boards on Comm 3.

I can run the two old boards from SE without having the Control Panel running but the four CMB24's won't connect without the Control Panel running.

I used Add Device to set up the four CMB24 as RGB channels on the Aux A network.

The Comm Listener doesn't show Comm 5 when I start it up and the two old boards don't connect but when I open SE the two old boards connect but still don't show up on the Comm Listener.

In SE under channel configuration the four CMB24 shows as being on Aux A Network with each board as a unit from 1 to 4 with 24 channels on each unit.

Is there something obvious that I am missing?

ETA: The Hardware lights up the RGB using the red high speed USB adapter but if I chain the CMB24 onto the end of the slower LOR network it works using SE without the Control Panel running.
Edited by Franke

I have tried unhooking the slower LOR network and only using the red high speed USB adapter and trying a single CMB24 in a new sequence by itself. Nothing.

Since the Hardware manager will control the board it doesn't seem to be the USB adapter that I just purchased from LOR.

Not all controllers can understand Enhanced protocol or 500K speed.  You need to ensure everything on the 500K network can handle those.

If everything on the network is supported, it is possible the firmware is not.  You may need to update the firmware on all the devices on that network.

The listener MUST be running for LOREnhanced networks to function properly.

Im no pro.....but i would think you can put that little bit of stuff all on one network.

The main reason I am using so many different networks and protocols is so I can learn them. If I do things too simple I do them too quickly. I need things to be as difficult as possible so I can work on it longer.

Not all controllers can understand Enhanced protocol or 500K speed.  You need to ensure everything on the 500K network can handle those.

If everything on the network is supported, it is possible the firmware is not.  You may need to update the firmware on all the devices on that network.

The listener MUST be running for LOREnhanced networks to function properly.

The problem I had was that my four CMB24D's got wonky in the brain so all they needed was to be reset. The only thing going on them is 32 short strips of dumb RGB.

The CMB24D's are the only thing on the LOR High Speed network.

• The topic was locked