Light-O-Rama Forums

Lets not forget to keep Christ in Christmas

Archer

I like all the TSO, reindeer, snowman and other secular songs the same as the next guy. I have trees, arches and icicles just like the next guy. So without sounding like a religious fanatic let's not forget to keep Christ in Christmas. Without him it's just the 25th of December. Let's honor him and the day by sequencing at least one song about him or put a cross in your display or both....I will.

kevinkolak.com

I like all the TSO, reindeer, snowman and other secular songs the same as the next guy. I have trees, arches and icicles just like the next guy. So without sounding like a religious fanatic let's not forget to keep Christ in Christmas. Without him it's just the 25th of December. Let's honor him and the day by sequencing at least one song about him or put a cross in your display or both....I will.

kevinkolak.com

Both for me & my display.

lets also keep mas in Christmas...

More

Amusing

Songs

I agree with that too.

I even love George's Pink Floyd songs.

I guess I'm already in the Christmas Spirit - I'm agreeing with everyone...

Since you find it necessary to push your religion on people I find it necessary to tell you there is no such thing. Their will be people mad at me for saying that but why is my opinion that I don't believe in this mythical person any less then your opinion that this is a real thing.

You don't have to believe in Christ or Jesus.....but since the 25th of December IS a holiday set aside to celebrate the birth of Christ, and they DO call it Christmas, why do you "find it necessary" to tell us your lack of belief?  The person that started this post started it with the intent to remind people that Christmas is about Christ.  Had this person said "lets not forget to keep Christ in the holiday," then maybe, although doubtful, but maybe you would have an argument.  People are quick to celebrate Independence day w/out once acknowledging why we are celebrating...they just celebrate.  The same is true for most holidays, including Christmas.  If you don't believe, then so be it.  Noone "pushed their religion" on you.  This is a public forum with free speech and a title that spelled out the exact content of what was inside.  Noone forced you to open the link.

Edited by drivemewilder

OK, stop right now.

We are NOT going to get into ANY fights here about what does and does not exist.  Both sets of people and EVERYONE in-between are allowed their opinions.  Those opinions however are best expressed ELSEWHERE and not HERE.

If you want to talk about religion, please do so on a forum that caters to religion.  If you want to talk about atheism, please do so on a forum that caters to atheism.

For a number of years we have had a policy in place were we try to keep the forum discussions focused on using LOR software and hardware. Topics such as politics and religion are extremely emotional to people and lead to a degree of volatility that we do not want here in the LOR forums.

Because we have seen such threads quickly escalate with horrible and embarrassing posts, the moderators react quickly to stop things. To some it may seem that the reaction is unwarranted but over the years this has happened so many times that we try to react quickly.

Personally I would like to have more open discussions on off topics but unfortunately it just doesn’t work and this forum is not really the place for it anyway.

To those who have written me to let me know that LOR is a horrible company, anti-Christmas, does not support freedom of speech and freedom of religion, etc… I can only say none of that is true and I am sorry if you feel that way.