Light-O-Rama Forums

Replacement Fuses

mcascio

Looks like I blew a fuse on my LOR1602W controller.

I searched the forum and the user guide - someone on the forum mentioned it was a 20 Amp fuse. After pulling mine out, it looks like it says 15A/250V - I'm assuming that's 15 Amps.

Can I use the 20 Amp fuses that I already purchased? I'm pretty sure it's OK to have more but not less.

Thanks.

cmoore60 wrote:

You can use a 20 amp fuse....BUT you need to upgrade your input power cords to 12 ga wire to support the potential of 20 amps.

Chuck

Thanks Chuck.

Not sure what gauge wire came with the controller but I'm assuming its not 12 gauge then. So it looks like the easiest is just to go pickup 15amps instead of the 20. I definitely don't want to create a bigger project than need be.

If you have the LOR1602W where the fuses are on the printed circuit board (PCB) and they snap in/out then you will be okay putting in that 20 amp fuse for now. If your show has been running for a while and the fuse just went that you will be safe.

The 2 power supply cords on the LOR1602W is rated for 15 amps each. If you push a LOR1602W to 20 amps per side then you power supply cords will be pushed past their limits and get pretty warm.

------

If you have a LOR1602W with the inner plate that has a switch and fuse holders then you should not run it with 20 amp fuses.