Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Hand book

Guest guest

OK Don, maybe so.

I was just thinking maybe it was not such a good post :?. It was just a thought. But I would also like to add "the time to go thru it all, print it, get it organized while I'm actually working with the system" takes a lot of time. My free time is very minimal just like I'm sure a lot of peoples' free time is.

So here it is, "as originally posted". (Sorry for the wishy washy stuff here.)

Hello all,

I know of one person that has one but wanted to test the rest of the LOR family about a handbook that was made by printing all LOR info you found and put in a binder.

I would be willing to "make a monetary donation" for a copy of printed off help pages, information, instructions, TROUBLESHOOTING, and what ever else associated LOR.

For me to print all this info for my own use would eat up my printer carts pretty quick, but if someone already had all the info copied and went to KINKOs to make copies, would you sell it (I mean provide it for a donation)?

Please PM me of what you might have and your desired donation for obtaining a copy.

And if you wish for others to know about getting a copy, then please respond to this topic.

Am I the only one needing something like this? Might cut down on question? Who knows but for me, it would be helpful.

Moderators, if you don't feel this is appropriate, please remove.

Tom

Tom

Well heck if someone sent me the files for something like this I would be willing to print and copy all of this stuff off. I would only charge what it costs be to reproduce. I get a really good deal on my print cartridges and toners.

itsmejrv wrote:

Well heck if someone sent me the files for something like this I would be willing to print and copy all of this stuff off. I would only charge what it costs be to reproduce. I get a really good deal on my print cartridges and toners.

Just curious JR, since you get a great deal on print carts and such, I figured you would have already done that? :]

Thanks JR

Tom

Don wrote:

Removed your post? What? Cause no one replied in a few hours?

Stick it back there. It's the slow season. Perhaps someone in a few days/weeks will come along and see it.

Ok Don (and thanks),

As you requested.

Tom

Santas Helper wrote:

itsmejrv wrote:

Just curious JR, since you get a great deal on print carts and such, I figured you would have already done that? :]

Thanks JR

Tom
You somewhat lost me in this one. I am assuming your saying that you figured I would have already printed out a manuel? If that is what you are saying then no I havn't because I guess I am lost on what would I print, posts? lor faq? I am new to LOR myself and still discovering where to find all the faq.'s.

itsmejrv wrote:

Santas Helper wrote:
itsmejrv wrote:

Thanks JR

Tom
You somewhat lost me in this one. I am assuming your saying that you figured I would have already printed out a manuel? If that is what you are saying then no I havn't because I guess I am lost on what would I print, posts? lor faq? I am new to LOR myself and still discovering where to find all the faq.'s.

Sorry JR ;), I should have re-read your post. I was talking about all the instructions, help pages, troubleshooting and such. And even some FAQs would be good. Just something quick to refer to while in the middle of getting things hooked up and fired up and something ain't working right.

Tom

Nope. Beings I dont have any controllers yet and the only thing I can do is my sequinces. If I need to figure something out I can just go to the faq page for that. Now when I start hooking stuff up I may do that. I run dual monitors so its easy for me to have LOR up on one and the faq on the other.

I got a PM from Jeff Womack and this is what he offered.

" I could have this printed up and even shipped to people for $12 a book. That would cover it with shipping to any address in the lower 48. This would be what is called a Trade Book Paperback. It measures 5.5 inches across the top and 8.5 inches across the spine. They would be glued pages with a glossy cover. The best way to do this would be to do it in connect with Dan Baldwin and Don Teague. It of course would be best to do it with the LOR II information included. Jeff"

This is what I was talking about.

And your probably right in waiting until LORII came out to catch all the updates and changes.

Thanks a bunch Jeff,

Tom

The only complaint I have with printed documentation ... it can't change as fast as online documentation. (Though I can understand the desire by some to have a printed manual.)

Just wanted to plug the Wiki again. It's a great way for the documentation to keep up with the actual product. While there is no way to hit a button to print out the entire Wiki, you can print sections very easy.