Light-O-Rama Forums

Happy with my silhouette addition this year, but...

Jay Czerwinski

Do you have any close up pictures of this?

PM me your email and I'll send some pics your way. My tapatalk app won't let me post pics from my phone.

• Like 1

I don't have any close up pics unfortunately.   What I did was rather simple:

1. Home Depot - 4x8 sheets of Radiant Barrier Oriented Strand Board - Cut to shape and the back is foil to help reflect the light against the house.  Painted Black on front with a few 45 degree braces now and then.

2. Home Depot - Foil Duct Tape - We just laid down the cosmic color pixels along the back and put a bit of the reflective duct tape over the wire on each side of the pixels.   (Yes I know, 400 pixels x 2 pc of tape each = 800 pc of tape!!!   And not only did it need to be all removed for storage - the tape we chose began to fall off in some places. - Next year I am looking to find a way to put clips or something on the back to just quickly snap the pixels in/out of place....)

We used about 100 pixels to a sheet of plywood, making it fairly modular for moving segments - we live in a condo and utility companies needed to access those doors on the left.   We disconnected/connected and moved the display in that area daily.

Edit add - In the video, you can see reflections of the pixels in the windows behind the circle/cross element and by the owl on the right.

Edited by Jay Czerwinski

• 3 weeks later...