Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel Editor overwriting Pixel data in SE

Randy Campbell

When I export a PE effect into a SE file it overwrites existing sequencing. For example, in the SE, if I had an effect  I put in by hand at the 30 second mark, it get altered by the PE when imported,  even though the PE effect is at the 60 second mark.  Any way to overcome this? Is there a way to export PE the same as SS using the Legacy Format?

No. A given channel MUST only be controlled from a single source. That source can currently be one of three things: Sequence Editor, an intensity file from Pixel Editor, or an intensity file from SuperStar. Note that I did not mention an output from SuperStar in legacy format - because that would get imported into Sequence Editor and then would control lights or Visualizer from Sequence Editor or the Show Player. If the same channel is in more than one of those three sources, they will conflict and not play properly.

You can import your Sequence from Sequence Editor into Pixel Editor, and then add the PE effects and export it back out as new Sequence, but I have not done that except to play a bit, so I can't explain the process.

Generally, you must decide whether a particular prop will be sequenced in PE or SE - one or the other.

You can sequence a prop in SE, then migrate/import that sequence into PE. But there is no going back to SE after that migration.

Matt

Sorry, but I was irritated until i figured out how to do this. If I want an effect that I physically put into SE to be a part of my sequence, I import into PE, the same can be down with SS too. As long as I export SS in legacy format in SE, then into the PE. Hmmm, I confused myself writing this, but I do think I now have it!!!

Edited by Randy Campbell

Generally, you must decide whether a particular prop will be sequenced in PE or SE - one or the other. You can sequence a prop in SE, then migrate/import that sequence into PE. But there is no going back to SE after that migration. Matt

So can you do some work on that pixel prop in SE, then import it into PE and that work which was done in SE still be there BEFORE working on it in PE? I have done some work in Papagayo with Xlights. I am now working in SE on a singing pumpkin. As the singing goes from the pixel tree to the pumpkin... I want to do some effects (when pumpkin is soloing). Is this possible?

• 2 weeks later...

So, if I understand this correctly. You can only import from the SE to PE one time and one time only. I made a modification to the SE and tried to import it to the PE a second time and got an error message. If this is the case, do you have plans for the software to allow the migrate/import function of SE to PE more than one time? For me anyway, it would help tremendously. 

This can be done if you don't mind doing a little duplicating of files and a lot of copy/paste.  I just finished a sequence that I started in SE and then imported into PE.  After completing the PE side I found there were some things that didn't match up just the way I wanted.  I went back into SE and opened the original SE file (DoYouHearWhatIHear).  I made the changes I wanted and then saved the new file as DoYouHearWhatIHearFinal.  Went back into PE and opened the new file (DoYouHearWhatIHearFinal) and the original PE file at the same time.  Made sure my Prop titles on the left matched exactly, then did a copy of the entire PE file and pasted it into the new final.  Worked like a charm.  Took a little extra time but was well worth it.

Keith

• Like 1