Light-O-Rama Forums

My hard drive died and I need to migrate my LOR software license.

XYrZbest

I've already used up all my other licenses on my main desktop, mini portable desktop, mac book in bootcamp, and my workshop PC. Yes I need all of these licenses because I edit and program shows, in my office, and workshop, as well as when I am editing something outside while looking at where effects will go. So I do need all 5 licenses. How can I go about retrieving my key and moving it? 

Go to the Help Desk and submit a ticket.

http://helpdesk.lightorama.com/

cool thanks, do you think I will have any trouble getting this resolved? I need this PC with the new HDD to have the software, but I'd also like to migrate my license from my old laptop to my new one, but I'm not sure how hard it will be.

Licences do not migrate. However anytime I have exceeded my 5 seats, a request via a help desk ticket has resulted in an additional seat quickly and with no fuss.

Licences do not migrate. However anytime I have exceeded my 5 seats, a request via a help desk ticket has resulted in an additional seat quickly and with no fuss.

ok thankyou, I guess I should be grateful if I get my computer that crashed's license fixed and after that maybe I'll try and get a new license for my new laptop

Seats never migrate. They stay with the machine forever even after it dies. Just request a new one. In fact replacing a hdd MAY not be detected as a new machine. Try the install and activation. It may work.

I had an issue with Win 10 update which caused a reinstall to fail and exceeded my 5 seats. A help desk ticket and 10 minutes later the seat was reset and the seat activated.

Seats never migrate. They stay with the machine forever even after it dies. Just request a new one. In fact replacing a hdd MAY not be detected as a new machine. Try the install and activation. It may work.

I had an issue with Win 10 update which caused a reinstall to fail and exceeded my 5 seats. A help desk ticket and 10 minutes later the seat was reset and the seat activated.

so is it locked to motherboard? I assumed that once the key was used it wouldn't be allowed to be used again

According to a post made by DevMike, they use several things to determine if a PC has previously had LOR software licenses.  And no, they don't say what those things are.  I have run out of available licenses and a help desk ticket quickly fixed the problem.  Just gave a list of the computers and which were new and the help desk fixed it.