Light-O-Rama Forums

New to DMX and No Full Color Smart Light strips

crazy man

Question about Smart Pixel/Led Strips, I have a new AlphaPix16 output E1.31 Controller and (8) 12v 2811Smart /Pixel Led Strip. LOR V4.0.83 Pro with 28 CCR when i'm trying to assign colors to the led light strip it only lights up in RGB colors or pinkish colors, if the superstar is imported to the program and the timing grid is gold it lights up pink. Orange is pinkish, Purple is light Blue. Question is how do I program the lights for a specific color, IE: Orange, Purple, Yellow, Gold or specific colors.? is that possible using my equipment. Test strip all on white all equipment is working correctly sequences play but all pastel colors. Im trying to sequence for Halloween colors, Orange, Green, Red and Purple.

If your equipment is properly connected and everything seems to working then it may be your pixels. You can always go to the custom color chart and enter your colors manually and see if they are coming out properly. Here is a color code chart which shows all the codes for colors and the decimal codes for each RGB led to get a particular color.

http://www.rapidtables.com/web/color/RGB_Color.htm

Edited by Mr. P

• 2 weeks later...

Are you sure you got your strip as R.G. B.     easy to test,  create a short sequence with ONLY red   then   ONLY Green  then ONLY Blue.   If the ribbon displays out of order you have  G.R. B.  or B.G.R. etc.  since white is all three colors any of the combinations would show white with all are on.

I agree with Jerrymac - I think that you have got the pixel order wrong in your setup. You need to write a short animated sequence to try displaying just red, just green, just blue, then just white to determine exactly what is happening. Comparing the colour you observe with the colour you have programmed should help you.

Regards,

Alan.

Open a sequence in Superstar, select "Tools" "Configuration". At the top, select "Export Raw Color Values" and see if that fixes your problem.

Question about Smart Pixel/Led Strips, I have a new AlphaPix16 output E1.31 Controller and (8) 12v 2811Smart /Pixel Led Strip. LOR V4.0.83 Pro with 28 CCR when i'm trying to assign colors to the led light strip it only lights up in RGB colors or pinkish colors, if the superstar is imported to the program and the timing grid is gold it lights up pink. Orange is pinkish, Purple is light Blue. Question is how do I program the lights for a specific color, IE: Orange, Purple, Yellow, Gold or specific colors.? is that possible using my equipment. Test strip all on white all equipment is working correctly sequences play but all pastel colors. Im trying to sequence for Halloween colors, Orange, Green, Red and Purple.

Edited by Ron Boyd

"Purple is Light Blue" would suggest that you may have the red and green swapped. Try sending the individual red, green and blue colours and see what you end up with. This is the easiest way to see what has swapped.

Regards,

Alan.

• 1 month later...

I have the same controller. Use xlights to turn on channel 1 and see if it is red.  You will have to logon to the web browser for your specific ip address and change the order of rgb about 3/4 of the way down until you have the right colors on the right channels. Then your sequence should work out.