Light-O-Rama Forums

Sick of "let it go ?"

miaskiewicz christian

Very nice display. I watched some of your stuff on YouTube from last year and it looks like this year will be a lot better.

Edited by EmmienLightFan

No I'm sick of WiW.

Please note:  Anyone who opens a help desk ticket and sends in a WiW sequence as an example will be banned from the help desk with no notice.  :P

Neat sequence, but what is that ugly thing you are using to show what it does?  :)

Mike

Forgive my ignorance, but what is WiW?

Wizards in Winter by TSO.

Or, if your a car guy, it's "Whats it Worth".  :D

Edited by Santas Helper

Neat sequence, but what is that ugly thing you are using to show what it does?   :)

I was considering saying something about the animation window in my first post.

Why would you use it anymore? It is OK for basic stuff, and has its uses, but not for whole display visualisations. The proper visualiser is quite easy actually.

Keith,

WIW was used by a guy named Carson Williams that created a sequence with that song in his Christmas display back in 2004 and circulated on the internet in late 2005. The video went viral, especially after it was used in a Miller Lite beer commercial. 

A flood of folks joined Planet Christmas shortly after and everyone, I mean everyone used this song it their display. Majority of Light O Rama users were members of Planet Christmas until LOR came out with their own forum. Some are still members of both forums, including myself. 

So over the years, WIW has been widely used, discussed, cussed, you name it. So some folks are sick and tired of even seeing talk about WIW. Others, including myself still love that sequence/song and still use it in my display. Why, because folks who see my display still enjoy it. It's still a very powerful song IMHO.

Hey Christian - you're right. It DOES sound better in French. I was able to make it all the way to 20 seconds before the bile started creeping up into my throat.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked