Light-O-Rama Forums

Video Codecs For LOR S2

Dave Roche

I run S2 on laptop using xp, video worked great for years, Last year I wiped xp and reloaded it "laptop was running slower". Now I can't get it to work. it just shows a green screen through projector, I'm using codec lite with xp. I' have tried everything I can think of to get it to work no luck, so i thought I would throw it out to you guy's, maybe I;m missing something simple? 

any help would be appreciated.  Hopefully this is the right place to post.

LOR uses Windows media player to play audio and video files. One way to get codecs is to download VLC player, an open source free media player. It will play almost anything and will bring its own codecs. Once the codecs are there WMP should work if it's not broken. You might want to make sure you have the latest vertion for XP.

Do you have the latest version of WMP for XP. I believe it should be WMP 11. Might be worth downloading and re-installing it. Might also be worth checking if you have the correct drivers for your video card/chip. Does WMP work with other videos or is it just this one. Perhaps the video file itself itself is broken. Does the video play on your monitor or is it just the projector. If just the projector it then the problem is in it or it's connection. 

tried reloading Graphic drivers, running WMP 11 when i changed multiple screen option ,ie extended desktop and chose primary 1 notebook and 2 television all i get is a green screen. If chose intel multi monitor option both laptop and tv show video fine. I need to be able to see LOR seq. screen on laptop and send video to 2nd screen "projector". man im confused it ran fine for years. If you can think of anything else let me know. Guys at LOR think its a codecs problem.

Running out of ideas here. Have you tried uninstalling the projector in device manager.

Turn off the extended desktop, uninstall in device manager, reboot, and either let Windows re-install it or do it manually.

Does the projector have its own driver that needs installing. Might be worth checking the web site.

I think if the video plays at all in WMP then the codec and video are fine.

Just a guess but I would say when you reloaded xp in the computer all the windows updates got deleted, so when you re-installed xp all the software is old versions, biggest problem with this is Microsoft no longer supports or will send updates to xp machines as of last year. So I figure somewhere in all the years you were running that the software needs one of those updates that are no long there, just a guess though.

Good luck

I reinstalled Xp before they stopped support in 4-14. In fear of that very thing, I didn't run the projector last year due to this problem.

the projector itself is a dinosoar but works well for what i use it for. So it has no driver that i know of. It didn't need before......But i'll look into it you never know. All you guys thinks for all the thoughts and ideas....... Dave

OK guys wrap your head around this one.

while i was running LOR on laptop with seq.,While song was playing, I opened the graphic media driver and changed a few settings hit apply, hit ok and boom the projector worked for as long as the song played. song stopped, restarted and a green screen shows again..

so i reloaded graphic chipset again, no help.

you guys going crazy yet. I think I'm close. :)

• 5 weeks later...