Light-O-Rama Forums

Where are the Previews Stored?

Don

Seems some of my previews went missing overnight. I'm sure it's operator error and all, but where are they stored? I've got backups galore, just don't know where to look in order to retrieve the file(s).

Seems that it's in the LORPixelEditorData.xml file. Somehow that file had issues.

I'd be willing to bet it's a sync issue with Dropbox, and one PC somehow wrote over the other one.

Yes, you found the correct file. Previews, palettes, and favorite effects are stored in this file:

Light-O-Rama\PixelEditor\LORPixelEditorData.xml

Matt

Riddle me this...

I save the LPE file to a folder on Computer1. The folder is sync'd to Dropbox, and downloads on Computer2.

When I open the LPE on Computer2, the Preview is no where to be found. What's missing?

Riddle me this...

I save the LPE file to a folder on Computer1. The folder is sync'd to Dropbox, and downloads on Computer2.

When I open the LPE on Computer2, the Preview is no where to be found. What's missing?

Did you close the Pixel Editor on Computer1? Previews are saved when you exit Manage Previews and when you exit the program.

Matt

ID 10 T error it seems.

Yes, I had shut down on CPU1 before loading up CPU2. For whatever reason the file is getting saved not in my default Pixels director, but in a secondary Pixels directory. At least I think that's what is going on. I've got it to work on CPU2 for now, and will keep an eye on it for future reference.