Light-O-Rama Forums

Idea: LOR Live

LightsByGreg

This is an idea that popped into my head while looking for DMX lights recently. What if LOR had the ability to be sequenced WHILE the song was playing? What I am thinking about is the DMX consoles where the designer plays the show through and adds events when they are supposed to happen. So my idea would be for LOR to accept an input for a console like device, or even integrate the Hardware Utility's console into the sequence editor.
Using the program, you would press the play button on the software. Then say at 25 seconds i want to fade up the PAR Can on unit 1 channel 8. So I would listen to the music then when it arrives at 25 seconds I would slowly drag up the slider on the console that I have set to unit 1 channel 8. And then 5 seconds later I want to fade out the reindeer on unit 5 channel 14. All I have to do is drag the slider that I have previously assigned for that device, and LOR will record that action for me.

I know it's a little confusing but maybe it is something that could benefit some people. Please let me know what you think

Thanks,
Greg

Better yet, have LOR II record your actions and the next time it would play them back automatically. I know of audio and video apps that do this and I believe I made a similar request in an earlier thread except that it was not for DMX equipment. LOR II does this already when building a new sequence but not during the playback of show and it is in a limited fashion. You can record simple ON/OFF actions using the tapper wizard and have them sent to a single channel. Adobe Premiere does this for multiple audio tracks simultaneously and so does Sonar and Logic Pro but it is accomplished via midi and a midi capable mixing board or by moving a single slider on the screen (I never could do more than one at a time with a mouse). I think in conjunction with the record automation feature it would also be nice to have the ability to ARM and DISARM multiple channels that you want to have the automation recorded to. Unfortunatly LOR II does not handle midi input for recording purposes, only playback of midi song files. :D