Light-O-Rama Forums

Reverted back to win7 Pro from windw 10

ehgilman

Did you try running from an Admin account or try run as Admin or uninstall LOR and re-install. If that does not work you may need to write a helpdesk ticket to get the current version of Regwipe to clean things out. As always, back up your sequences first.

Problem solved.  I tried doing the install & re-install to no avail.  When I checked the read/write permissions of the folder, it had 3 "groups"...System, Home Users, Administrators.  Both the System and Administrators had full Control (my account is an Administrator account).  I actually had to grant Home Users full control for everything to work.  This is the second piece of software that I had to do something similar to the Home Users group to make it work.  This only happened after upgrading to Windows 10.  Looks like Windows 10 screwed up permissions somehow.

Edited by CovertRain

I worked in computer sales in the mid 80's and sold my first IBM AT for what was considered a cheap $7,000. The other store in town was outraged that I gave the customer a $2,000 discount from what they quoted.

Oh yes I recall my first purchase with monochrome monitor and NO hard drive.   Had to boot and store everything on floppy 360k discs which were touted as double density double sided.

How about this.  My first computer language course in 1977 was FORTRAN.  Had to use punched cards.  There was NO monitor at all.  My program was a card deck which I had to put a rubber band around and carry back to my dorm room. 

I reverted back from Windows 10 to Windows 7 because Win 10 refused to allow my Office licenses to work.  Wanted me to buy new licenses.

I had same license problem on some of mine... There was no way I was going to spend a couple thousand for new AutoCad Licenses.. plus a few others that I have and use..

Plus there was the simple fact.... after checking out WIN 10 I hated it...

I tried Win 10, 3 different times with no success.  I am not impressed with it at all.  For some reason, it does not like my NVidia graphics card at all.  I spent hours on the phone with Microsoft and NVidia about the issue and no one could resolve it.

• 5 weeks later...

This is why my Show computer has never been connected to the internet, using XP Pro and have absolutely no problems at all... Have Win - 10 on my work computer, and I hate it, guess I'm just gettin too old....   Good luck....

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem installing S4 onto windows 7. Every time I tried to run the program it would attempt to reinstall S4 and the required temp msi install file was no longer present. It turns out my antivirus software (bitdefender) had quarantined the file "\Light-O-Rama\ServoDogUtility.exe". Once I restored this file and put it on the exclusions list in bitdefender, the S4 software worked correctly. This may explain why you had one file still in use (ie quarantined) that you could not delete.

It seems to me that every time someone has a problem with their antivirus the name BitDefender comes up.

I agree...same thing, hearing the same AV software causing problems

My show computer hasn't had internet access for a week now and the antivirus software is turned off (not BitDefender). It is now banned from the internet until after I take the lights down. I have about 20 computers between my business and home that I've built myself. I do all the maintenance and I use the same antivirus on all of them. So far it's held up to everything that my employees can throw at it. This doesn't include what they do to the POS (Point of sale).

Edited by Ebuechner

During my show, I always shut off the AV software or rather, disable its main functions. I also physically disconnect from the internet feed.