Light-O-Rama Forums

Elements are complete

Ron Boyd

A major milestone accomplished yesterday. I took a day off of work to try and finish all of my elements for the show. I'm happy to report, with the exception of cutting about a foot from a piece of EMT and re-installing the star afterwards, my elements are complete. WOO, WOO.

All Pixels and RGB have been tested for operation, some after the element was completed, but have been tested at least when they were received.

All that's left before setup is mounting a few controllers and power supplies, setting the Universe #s for each and tweaking the 21 sequences I have complete. If time allows, I have a few more to do, but they are not necessary to have my show.

Halloween will just be a virtual Jack-o-lantern Jamboree in the window beside the Trick-Or-Treat door. Next year, I'll attempt a spiderweb of some sort. Maybe have Doug make me a talking Spider wire frame.

This year, I won't have a crunch time until set-up. Maybe not even then.

One word.......JEALOUS

But I'm a newby, working on what was to be my (deceased) husbands first show. Fingers crossed that I make it!!! Nonetheless, congrats on your achievement!!!!

So sorry to hear about your husband. Well wishes for you.

Just to let you know, I've been working on this stuff since December. 

Oh, and welcome to the madness we call animated lights. My fingers are crossed for you too.

Just to let you know, I've been working on this stuff since December.

Been working on mine since January. Still don't feel like I gotta nuff time. Still waiting on Holiday Coro stuff to come in to build another two display elements. So right know I'm finishing up all the sequences. Went from a static with a 16 channel 20 minute show to 2.5 hour 64 channel plus a whole LOTTA rgb pixels and strips for this year. It's sink or swim time...

Edited by BMurray

I just finished my second RGB snowflake over lunch.  Now I'm just crossing my fingers that they don't break before I complete the other seven.  I hit all the 'low-hanging-fruit' earlier this summer, so once these are done, I'll only have odds-and-ends to complete (and the 10' spiral tree, and the C9 eave mounts... I'm so screwed).

• The topic was locked