Light-O-Rama Forums

What's going to be the new thing this year

Dale W

Maybe someone will have a drone flying around with Santa and the rain-deer hanging under it lit up with color changing lasers set with LOR..

not me though.. I am in a battle with a couple neighbors that keep buzzing my patio and house with their drones.... If Only there was a season for drone hunting...  I am thinking of getting a net and going into the low flying drone catching business.. Maybe I will start flying my kites as soon as I hear the drone coming and see if he can see the fishing line and net hanging from it.... hahaha

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Darryl Lambert

• plasmadrive

• marsh28

• Santas Helper

If those drones are flying over your airspace I'd say get a bb or pellet gun and shoot them down. :huh:

That right there is a huge federal offense and will land you in jail quicker than you can blink.

That right there is a huge federal offense and will land you in jail quicker than you can blink.

Not if they don't know who did it

Really.......somebody flying their private drone over your private land and then the landowner shoots at it with a BB gun is a federal offense?  Then there is something terribly wrong with this country.  I could see if it was a piloted aircraft or something like that.  It's pretty much intruding on your right to privacy on your private land.

I'm really getting  burned out on this hobby.  The reasons are as follow: (1) talking faces; (2) talking faces; (3) talking faces; (4) use of viral "pop" songs; (5) pre-programmed rgb "effects" that don't even attempt to sync with the music; (6) talking faces; (7) a house facade that looks like a pixel monster has just vomited on it.  Honestly, everything looks the same now.  It's boring.  Blehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.  The Great Christmas Light Fight has made things much.... MUCH worse.....

hard time pumping ice

I only do halloween now, it gets VERY COLD were I am and after a failure I had back in 2013 were I lost over $1000 in pixels I quit doing christmas and now just focus on halloween.  :)

I'm really getting  burned out on this hobby.  The reasons are as follow: (1) talking faces; (2) talking faces; (3) talking faces; (4) use of viral "pop" songs; (5) pre-programmed rgb "effects" that don't even attempt to sync with the music; (6) talking faces; (7) a house facade that looks like a pixel monster has just vomited on it.  Honestly, everything looks the same now.  It's boring.  Blehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.  The Great Christmas Light Fight has made things much.... MUCH worse.....

I think Talking faces is just one of the fun things to do.  I don't have them.. but haven't ruled it out.. But if I do them.. they will be ... lets say.. just a bit different!   ha ha ha ha...

The GCLF I don't think has had much to do with the hobby exploding.  More like the internet and YouTube I think..    I do agree about some of the pixel vomit stuff.. but everyone has what they like... and consider you get a concentration of it.. most people only see the results and only once a year..   Makes a big difference.. You either love doing it.. or you find something else to concentrate your creativity on.

Really.......somebody flying their private drone over your private land and then the landowner shoots at it with a BB gun is a federal offense?  Then there is something terribly wrong with this country.  I could see if it was a piloted aircraft or something like that.  It's pretty much intruding on your right to privacy on your private land.

It's not your private land that's an issue here. It's your private airspace that we're talking about.

Existing federal law and judicial rulings make it clear property owners do not enjoy unlimited privacy rights to their airspace. In fact, some believe that drones — quadcopters, octocopters, and other small-scale unmanned aerial vehicles — are already governed under the same laws that regulate aircraft like helicopters and airplanes.

Those laws, unsurprisingly, make it a crime to shoot down planes flying over your house.

I'm not against shooting down a drone. I'm just saying you might get yourself in a legal issue if you get caught doing so. At least in today's world.

I think Talking faces is just one of the fun things to do. I don't have them.. but haven't ruled it out.. But if I do them.. they will be ... lets say.. just a bit different! ha ha ha ha...

The GCLF I don't think has had much to do with the hobby exploding. More like the internet and YouTube I think.. I do agree about some of the pixel vomit stuff.. but everyone has what they like... and consider you get a concentration of it.. most people only see the results and only once a year.. Makes a big difference.. You either love doing it.. or you find something else to concentrate your creativity on.

I love halloween and the talking faces thing has made it ridiculous. Nobody even attempts to make anything scary anymore.

I apologize for my earlier post about the talking faces.  They can be cool.  I just don't "get" how they have much to do with Halloween.  To each their own, I guess.... ;)  BTW, I AM burned out.  I put together my whole show this year in less than two months...bad idea....do NOT recommend...

I think I will get a few of the cheapest rc planes I can which I know arent much and crash into the drones as much as I can or maybe tow something that I can fly into the drones with to make it crash....

Kinda like a dog fight without bullets but with KamaKazi intents...lol

no law against that that I can find.... after all its a free for all hobby in some places it look like.

so I guess some think it perfectly legal for a drone with a camera to be a window peeper... which it against the law.... and video through your windows into your house or into and onto your private fenced and (Privacy 7 ft. WALLED property..)

I know I can and will press charges for illegal trespassing if he climbs my wall onto my property trespassing to retrieve it after it crash's... either that or my three dogs can and will have a snack...lol

It's not your private land that's an issue here. It's your private airspace that we're talking about.

Existing federal law and judicial rulings make it clear property owners do not enjoy unlimited privacy rights to their airspace. In fact, some believe that drones — quadcopters, octocopters, and other small-scale unmanned aerial vehicles — are already governed under the same laws that regulate aircraft like helicopters and airplanes.

Those laws, unsurprisingly, make it a crime to shoot down planes flying over your house.

I'm not against shooting down a drone. I'm just saying you might get yourself in a legal issue if you get caught doing so. At least in today's world.

You sound so much more convincing now .

I love halloween and the talking faces thing has made it ridiculous. Nobody even attempts to make anything scary anymore.

I have 4 singing faces in my show, all made by myself. One is actually a pumpkin Mickey Mouse head. I don't even try to make Halloween scary, I have a 3 year old who enjoys going out and watching the lights every night, that's all that matters to me lol

I was more talking about the houses that try to replicate the "pop" song houses that have gone viral the past few years...

• The topic was locked