• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Darryl Lambert

• plasmadrive

• marsh28

• Santas Helper

Newest thing would have to be P10 panels. Although I'm not sure how lor will handle them with large pixel counts.

I know what will be big and new for next year :rolleyes: .... I'm workin' on some new things... some sweet new things... some secret things.  I may finally make it to Expo this next year then I will be able to show them all off.  Secret things... secret things... :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Edited by rainyoregonchristmas

Boscoyo Studio coro items, ordering up the spooky eyes soon, have their snowflakes and stars.

+1 on P10 panels have 11 or 12 of those myself to make a pair of matrixes, one 3 wide for the garage for mainly a tune too, and the other either 4x3 or 3x4, have not decided yet on that one, would like to get to 64 pixels high, but it may be too tall for it's spot.  Eventually move that out wider too, but then we become a "tv" in the yard so trying to be careful how I use it, brightness etc.

Newest thing would have to be P10 panels. Although I'm not sure how lor will handle them with large pixel counts.

Well I guess I'm going to find out.

I've got 64 of them!! :)

No, they also have a wireless power source. I think we've covered that in this forum.   :D

Wireless (non-solar) Power Sources are only available to Platinum LOR members.

Day Glow power sources are available to all others.

P10 panels?  what are these P10 panels you speak of?  never mind, just saw it.  lol  so, I see no wires, how do they work? Oh wait.  I have to get the wireless flux capacitor.

Edited by ehgilman

Connections are made on the back. One for power & a HUB75 connector for data. There is 2 - HUB connectors like an in & out so you can chain them together.

They are controlled by a BeagleBone Black with a add on board for the HUB connectors.

Just curious, but what does something like this cost per panel? It looks like it would be a cool thing to have but not so big that it looks like one of those advertising freeway led panel signs

The panels are around $11 each + power supply + Beaglebone Black $40 + octoscroller ( add on board for HUB connection ) $17 + some kind of encloser because these panels are nonwaterproof.

Most that are making these are using a 2x4 frame routered with a slot for plexiglass. I know one guy who had a encloser custom made from a metalshop & had it powdercoated. I believe it cost him $700 just for the encloser!!!  

Sweet. I thinks me has a new project to do! Keep this post updated with your progress. I really want to see how it turns out before I try myself