Light-O-Rama Forums

Blue Screen

Gina Burns

I am getting the blue screen of death everytime I have my display on. It is saying that I needed to update my newly added software and or hardware. But the only new software or hardware that I have added is for the adapter and LOR....but I have gone to the support page here and have downloaded the update for the driver and for the software of LOR (I have not downloaded LOR 11 yet)....so my question is what else could this be.....every night I have to go and download the update for the driver and LOR in order for it to work. When I take the adapter out of the serial port the screen goes to the blue screen of death or my computer locks up if I don't take the adapter out of the serial port.

Gina,
What OS are you runny 98se, winXP or Vista?
also Don't remove or add the adapter Wile the computer is power up as this will
lock up the computer..

PS: email Tech Support: Gina Burns wrote:

I am getting the blue screen of death everytime I have my display on. It is saying that I needed to update my newly added software and or hardware. But the only new software or hardware that I have added is for the adapter and LOR....but I have gone to the support page here and have downloaded the update for the driver and for the software of LOR (I have not downloaded LOR 11 yet)....so my question is what else could this be.....every night I have to go and download the update for the driver and LOR in order for it to work. When I take the adapter out of the serial port the screen goes to the blue screen of death or my computer locks up if I don't take the adapter out of the serial port.

Gina Burns wrote:

WinXP

On XP it is pretty difficult for an application such as LOR to cause the Blue Screen..... Things like the USB drivers are much more likely to cause a problem like that.