Light-O-Rama Forums

Show restarts after stop time

shaggyl

Hi all,
I have searched the forums with no success. I have the 16Channel 1602 controller with the DC-MP3 card installed. My sequences run flawlessly, starting on time (5pm) and stop right on schedule (either 930 pm or 1030 pm depending upon the day). Then, at some point in the night, the show will start running again. It's quite annoying and I have yet to find a solution. I have reloaded the sequences twice, used both the Simple Show Builder and the Controller to build the show, no change. I do have X-10 compatible lights in the house (to turn off the trees in my sons' rooms. Could that somehow be restarting the show when I hit the "All Off" on the control panel?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Videos of my show ( I have loaded 3 songs so far, more soon):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSBdVCZEPUo

Jeff:?

I have the same issue. Seems to start at 2:00 AM. Have to pull out the flash on the DC-MP3 to stop the show (and neighbors rushing the house). So, I'm going to try using the Hardware Utility instead of the Simple Show Builder to schedule the show. The flash seems to have two sets of shows on it.

-Robert Welch (newby)

Put the SD card into your PC's reader and look at the files. S1xxxxx.* are the Show 1 files, S2xxxxx.* are the Show 2 files. Delete show files for shows that you don't want. There maybe a previously loaded show on the card.

Mine is still doing it even after reformatting the card to ensure there was nothing else on it. It does occur even with the hardware utility. Also, I tried to upgrade the MP3 firmware to v3 and then it wouldn't even read the SD card - it gave the fast blinking "E" light, so I reverted to v2. It then read the card fine, but once again, it turned on in the middle of the night.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jeff

Ok, the problem seems to be solved. After stopping using the Simple Show Builder, I reformatted and started using the hardware utility. Still happened. I tried reloading the show and ended up with 2 shows on the card. I then went to firmare updates. I ensured that the CTB-16D Blue Board firmware was up to date and tried to go to v3 on the MP3 firmware. It wouldn't read the card (even after a reformat) so I rolled back to v2. Ensured that only one show was on the card and PRESTO - it only runs during the scheduled time. Not sure which step did it, but hey, it works, so I'm not touching it again - until I start to set up next year's show.

Jeff:):)

• 11 months later...

Hi. I am a newbie and experiencing what I think is the same issue as this thread with a LOR1602MP3 unit where it mysteriously goes on at 2am after turning itself off at the scheduled time.

Did anyone narrow down what the fix is? My unit is already mounted in the garage and quite the distance from my computer.

Thanks!

Stop using Easy Show Builder, use Hardware Utility to build your show. That seem to fix my problem, except I have a weird "E" LED STATUS stuck on problem, but I dunno yet if it affects the show.