Light-O-Rama Forums

Strange problem

shfr26

Running Windows 8 on show computer.   When I first open Sequence editor, it will ask, "do you want to allow this program to make changes"  or something close to that.  Anyway,  if I open a sequence in "existing" sequence, it works fine.   When I close it and come back later and try to open it in "recent",  I get error "invalid exts".   I did notice that it will show it as either a L or a LS  file type, not lms.  It does this if it is a music file or an animation.    It appears that in the recent location, it is dropping part of the file type.   I can still open them in existing, but not in recent.   Any thoughts??

Thanks in advance

How about uninstalling and re-installing LOR. Sounds like something got corrupted either in Windows or LOR

If this is only happening in the last few days you could try a Windows system restore to just before this started. Make sure you are backed up. You never know what might happen when things start going weird. You might also try the uninstall-regwipe- re-install, but I think you have to get the regwipe.exe from LOR, DevMike has posted it before.

What happens if you open your sequences folder in windows explorer and double click on a sequence file, .lms extension.

I did that and it opens LOR and works, the dilemma is, it does not seem to save the extension to lsm in the" recent sequences".  It does in the existing sequences.  All sequences open in "existing sequences", but will not open in "recent sequences".

So here is what I did,

Open and make a minor change to about 5 sequences and saved that change.

Close everything, open LOR, go to "recent sequences"  and the extension is missing from all 5

They either have a l or a ls, but no lms extensions.

Hope that makes sense,

The recent files dialog is just a list kept in the registry. It is not actually showing the files themselves. It may just be the list that is broken.Entries eventually roll off as you open sequences so it may fix itself......maybe. Open from file explorer for a while and see what happens