Light-O-Rama Forums

Transmitter

ebrown1972

I bought one too. Will be first year with it. Hopefully works as well as others say.

An RCA dog would have to be better than the WH transmitter I've been using.

I have one and have had no issues. Set to low power has provided lots of range. Took a couple minutes to setup and most of that was just adjusting audio source output versus transmitter output to get optimal sound

Excellent choice! Prepare to be impressed. IMO it's one of the best values in this hobby. Make sure you get one with the rubber ducky antenna (as shown) rather than a telescoping antenna.

I bought the same transmitter from them about 2 months ago. It is very easy to set up. The knob on the left on it I have set to about the 1100 position, approx toward the screw on the top left corner. It is connected to the ear phone output on my comp. I have the volume on my comp turned to lust a little below the 1/2 way mark on it. Any louder from my computer over drives the transmitter and makes the sound bad.

REMEMBER.... MAKE SURE YOUR ANTENNA IS CONNECTED BEFORE YOU POWER THE TRANSMITTER ON..

IF YOU DON'T IT WILL BURN IT OUT.

To go from high power to low power or low to high unplug it. hold the on/off button in and plug it back in. That changes the power from High to LOW or back. On LOW POWER I can transmit all the way from one side of my house to my patio/ POOL which is about 50 yards.

I live in a long 1 story so it is transmitting the length of my house... about 140 ft, threw something like 8 walls to get to my Pool area. and no problems there with the sound quality.

Remember... check for a dead station in your area before you start using it. you don't want to get a call from the FCC VAN for interfering with a live station. 

Here is a link to where you can check your area.

http://radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/vacant?select=city&city=93550&select=lonlat&latd=34.408382&longd=-118.123596

George - will it work with a Dipole antenna, or would I need to even  use an external antenna?

I'm on a 1/2 acre lot and have had some broadcasting issues over the years.

Started out with the Ramsey FM30 when I started this hobby (celebrating my 10th year this Christmas!), I'm on my second unit now.

I have always been looking for a backup unit, and this might be a good option.

Craig

Craig,

Yes you can use a "real" antenna.  Mine will be on a vertical dipole.  Important to make sure it is properly matched however.

Good choice, make sure all of the audio imputs are secure so that you don't accidently pull one out while the show is running, it makes a horrible sound.

Well, I ordered my new transmitter from Newegg today. It is shipping from China I believe. I have used the whole house transmitter for 3 years. It did what it needed to but not very well. I am looking forward to some clear reception this year I hope.

Well I got mine in from Amazon today, and opened up got it setup ......... And .......it didn't work. Filed a claim and another one is on the way. Hope it's just an issue with that one not with all of them.

When I got mine (RangeStar 05B) same as the one you posted, from Amazon back in April I opened it red the instructions went to the web to find a clear channel listed and checked it with my radio in my truck to make sure it was nice and clear channel. Skimmed over the instructions, set it up and it worked great...

It Does come with a matched antenna... Be SURE TO NOT PLUG IT IN WITH THE ANTENNA NOT CONNECTED>>> YOU WILL BURN IT OUT IF YOU DO.

I have used it almost every weekend to have my own music streaming to my radio out in my yard for my head phones when I do yard work and to radios on my patio by my pool..

I love it and for the price am very happy with it.

Remember to check your area for radio signals  at

http://radio-locator...ngd=-118.123596

Do Not order the Attenuattor that is listed . You will not need them plus THEY DO NOT FIT THE ANTENNA JACK.

I ordered them when I ordered the transmitter just in case I needed to lower my power even more as I live on the side of a mountain just above NASA, McDonald Doug, Boeing, The Skunk Works, AF Plant 42, etc. in Palmdale Ca. and I wanted to make sure I didn't interfere with anything they have going on and found I dont need them plus like I said...

They Do Not Fit anyway. I Did write Amazon to tell them etc. so dont know why they still advertise them with the transmitter.

I've used the SainSonic transmitter for four years now.. Not very clear and puts out a low volume with buzzing. I wonder how well this compares.. they look the same.

I've used the SainSonic transmitter for four years now.. Not very clear and puts out a low volume with buzzing. I wonder how well this compares.. they look the same.

My sainSonic works great.

Maybe it's something else causing the buzzing

• Like 1

Anybody ever hear of a  UniKit  ,     ux150 model?         Checking one out, appears to work good.

I have this transmitter, used the supplied antenna and it worked great all last winter.  Plan to use it again for Halloween and Christmas again this year.  I also broadcasted christmas music all day and night when the show wasn't running.  No problems at all.

i have running the lesser model ( the one without the RCA jacks http://www.amazon.com/Signstek-Broadcast-Transmitter-Antenna-Fashion/dp/B00C91NAEG/ref=sr_1_53?s=mp3&ie=UTF8&qid=1440650323&sr=1-53&keywords=long+range+FM+Transmitter ) and mine does outstanding, no additional antennas, it sits at 1st story lower window ledge height and I can pick up as much as two miles away although it is spotty and a bit rough, but within 1/4 mile it is pitch perfect and awesome. We have had comments from people who live blocks away how much they appreciate tuning into our "Christmas Radio" at night. too funny. You have made a great choice, so simple to hook up and set, durable and excellent value for the money spent.

I have been running this one for the last 3 years with the $40 ground plane antenna at the height of the peak of the roof and the sound is very good and the range is 2 miles at 1 mw and 5 mile ish at 5 mw.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/0-5W-CZH-05B-Stereo-PLL-FM-Radio-Broadcast-Station-Transmitter-Antenna-Power-/151466349506?hash=item23441913c2