Light-O-Rama Forums

Lights on my house song parody and amination from ACN.

Rafter Bar R

Definitely some familiar displays in there.

Is that a Bob Rivers song? They do such good parodies...

-Tim

Tim Fischer wrote:

Definitely some familiar displays in there.

-Tim

No this is not Bob Rivers, this is done by American Comedy Network. ACN does commercial and song parodies as well.

I have the following Bob Rivers cds

Twisted Christmas:

I Am Santa Claus:

More Twisted Christmas:

Chipmunks Roasting On An Open Fire:

White Trash Christmas:

Lost Holiday Classics: (No Longer Available on cd) note: This is a compilation of other holiday songs.

lonewolvie wrote:

No this is not Bob Rivers, this is done by American Comedy Network. ACN does commercial and song parodies as well.

Thanks, never heard of them. I thought maybe they were just the people that put the video together...

-Tim

• 2 weeks later...

Tim Fischer wrote:

Actually, Bob Rivers wrote and performed "Breaking Up Is Hard On You" (about the breaking up of AT&T) in 1984 for the ACN. He continued with the ACN for a while.

I believe the ACN is actually a syndication network that supplies comedy to radio stations. The performers that produce materias for them are not usually identified. In this case, "Lights On My House" was produced for the ACN long after Bob Rivers left.

Steven wrote:

Tim Fischer wrote:

Actually, Bob Rivers wrote and performed "Breaking Up Is Hard On You" (about the breaking up of AT&T) in 1984 for the ACN. He continued with the ACN for a while.

I'm glad someone besides me remembers that song. I was trying to explain it to my wife about 6 months ago, about how every time I hear the real song, I think of that. She couldn't even remember the deal about the baby bells breaking off, much less the song ;)

-Tim

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone watched the video carefully? Right before the first chorus, during the rim shots of the drum, the pictures flash quickly, one picture is disturbing. Its an almost naked Santa with his hat covering his private parts, drunk, and passed out on the ground.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...