Light-O-Rama Forums

A note on the LOR S2 page

Push Eject

S2 is LORII... That link is the same as the WOW oh WOW oh WOW.... post up above here.

For most of the folks that are regulars at the LOR Forums... That information is redundant. Over 90% of the people on our mailing list are not involved in the forums. This will be new to them.

Dan, that S2 page looks great! Don't know if you hired a new marketing firm or what, but that ad copy is really slick, really professional. It made me want to buy LOR 2 (er, "S2") and I'm already using it!

Nice job!

-Tim

Very exciting to get that in the email today. I've started to sequence for next year and I'd really like to have a better visualization tool. LOR1 really doesnt do well with a lot of channels.

Looks great...I remember reading that this will have a few additional bells and whistles that LORII we currently have. Will we need to upgrade controller firmware?

FandomFilms wrote:

Looks great...I remember reading that this will have a few additional bells and whistles that LORII we currently have. Will we need to upgrade controller firmware?

That is a good question. I want to start upgrading my sequences to include the new channels I will be getting (getting the PlanetChristmas DIY kits) and was wondering if I should upgrade the software first. How will it effect current sequences and a 1602 that is couple of years old?

Thanks.

jwilling wrote:

Where did you hide that 'test console' tho? Have not found that one in the nooks and crannies of LOR II?!? ;)

-jim

The console is in the Hardware Utilty.

FandomFilms wrote:

For the initial release in February there will not be a need to upgrade firmware.

Any ideas when the firmware update will be coming down the line and/or what it will include?

I know you don't like to give out dates, but maybe a ball park? A year, decade, perhaps century....LOL (enter my sarcasm)

Greg

LightORamaDan wrote:

jwilling wrote:
Where did you hide that 'test console' tho? Have not found that one in the nooks and crannies of LOR II?!? :D

-jim

The console is in the Hardware Utilty.

Now, you know... Once you tease us with something like that, that so resembles a lighting control panel (theater geek side sneaking out)...

One starts to lust (desire?) after a 'lighting board' mode for putting all of this nice gear to use in the 'off' seasons. The ability to program 'scenes', manually trigger transitions, grab a slider for a last second override, build 'shows' sequenced against manual triggers rather than time/music events, things like that...

And with DMX control thrown in, well I just get shivers thinking about it! (So ok, yes it is cold out here... but...)

Nudge, Nudge, Wink, Wink... :cool:

-jim

James Peachee wrote:

Dan,

I still have 6 CTB-08s, the dinosaurs, and was wondering if the chips will need to be replaced with the new software?

thanks,

James

James,

You will not need to replace the chips with the initial release of the software. Later in the year there may be a need to do so but if that is the case we will be doing it long before the hoilday season.

Dan