Light-O-Rama Forums

FS: Coro singing faces

FarrOut

I to would be jumping on that deal.

I Just ordered 4 singing faces (46") from HC and the lights from Amazon to get it started and went to my Local HD and got 2x4's for the frame and 1X1/2 strips for the front part of the frame so I can store them together without pressing the lights etc. 

Me being in Ca. It would not be cost effective for me either but also I wanted the 46 inch instead of the 24 inch.. But could have made do if close enough...lol

I to would be jumping on that deal.

I Just ordered 4 singing faces (46") from HC and the lights from Amazon to get it started and went to my Local HD and got 2x4's for the frame and 1X1/2 strips for the front part of the frame so I can store them together without pressing the lights etc.

Me being in Ca. It would not be cost effective for me either but also I wanted the 46 inch instead of the 24 inch.. But could have made do if close enough...lol

Same here. I'm waiting on the 4th face to come in from the pre-sale #2 from HC. First 3 are already built and work awesome. I used pixel nodes so the sequences had to be converted to use with DMX. Can't wait for the 4th to come in!! BTW good idea for the front when storing. I'm gonna keep that in mind.

thanks. I should be getting all 4 I think they said on the 16th... they are on the way..

Ok for a little more on how I am making the frames...

2X4  46 X  and 43 for the back side frame. mounting the coro on that. 

On front of the coro I will be adding like a 1 X 1 1/2 frame over the coro so when I lay it or place it against another the bulbs arent getting pressed... I will be attaching 2 together using door hinges on one side so the can like fold together front to front and when i display them I can just knock the pin out of the hinge and separate them If I don't decide to have them stay side by side.

I am putting a couple EYE bolts threw each one on the top spaced at the same distance so I can hang them up on the ceiling / wall for storage.If I space the eye bolts about 16 inchs apart I can also add hooks to the cross rafters in may garage in a corner etc. to store them. or lay them flat on top of each other to because of the frame being on both sides... I will try to remember to make a how I did it Video and will post it When I do it but it will not be all video... more like a Power Point demo set as a video so it can be stopped and read etc and so what I do can be seen a little better then being so fast some have to watch it 5 or 6 times to figure it out... I like the word KISS.... Keep It Simple Stupid.... as we use to say in the military

Part will be a simple drawing I will do on autocad and pasted so people can see the step by step way I did it with my measurements used..

• 1 month later...

I did think about using 2 X 2 but went ahead with 2 X 4 so I can add a cross piece and mouth a controller on it to also keep it up off the ground..  

Also here where I live the extra weight isnt really a problem because here on the side of the mountain I live on it is nothing at all to be having 50 / 60 MPH wind gusts.

I had rather have them a little heavy then to be going across the side of the mountain chasing them down into the valley..

I will be working on putting the way I made my frames onto a you tube video sometime in the next few days.. I will post a link to it when I get it done to help others in case they are looking.. 

• The topic was locked