Light-O-Rama Forums

Save intensity data grayed out

dougd

I used the following instructions from Ron on how to save intensity data and when I get to the step of save intensity data, the option is grayed out, wont let me select it. Anyone have any ideas. Thanks,

Both visualizers need to be exact.

Open PE

Select:

File-->Open

(select sequence)

(Select Visualizer)

At this point, the sequence will load but no effects will be populated.

Select:

Sequence-->Migration Tools-->Import from Sequence Editor. (Uncheck the elements you don't want to import, if any.)

Select:

Import

If everything is correct, the program will import the effects and create AVI files for each element. I'll tell you about the AVI's in a sec.

Now, play the sequence in the PE. It should look just like your original sequence. If so, the next step.

Here's where you can edit the sequence if you need/want to.

Select:

Sequence-->Migration Tools-->Remove prop channel data from Sequence Editor.  (Uncheck the elements you don't want to remove, if any.)

Select:

Remove Channel Data

The PE will create a back-up sequence with some numbers at the end (Date and time of removal) This is a nice feature since you'll have a copy of the original sequence in the same folder.

Select:

File-->Save

then

File-->Save Intensity Data

Now, open your folder where the sequence was originally. You'll have the original sequence, the new sequence and the lpe files. The AVI files are used during editing with the PE. If you're satisfied with the edited sequence, the AVI files can be deleted. If you want to make changes after the conversion, and the AVI files have been deleted, you'll have to go through everything, above, again. 

Open the sequence. Everything you removed will be in the Aqua colored PE line. The normal channels will be empty. At this point you can remove those channels and be left with the PE data and Dumb RGB and/ or LED stuff.

One thing to point out, in the PE visualizer, the LED and Dumb RGB must have "Sequence Editor" as the sequence method. Pixels will have the Pixel Editor method. This setting in at the top, middle of the Prop properties.

Spot on Matt. Forgot to update my license on my work computer. Updated and now it is not grayed out. Thanks.

Hi Matt quick question just started using pixel editor this week , have been using xlights nutcracker for a couple years  is their a whole house model in the pixel editor like nutcracker? thanks Dennis

Edited by Dennis Laff

Hi Matt quick question just started using pixel editor this week , have been using xlights nutcracker for a couple years  is their a whole house model in the pixel editor like nutcracker? thanks Dennis

Yes, there is. In the Pixel Editor this is done by creating a prop group with all of your RGB props in it and setting the group arrangement to "preview".

Matt