Light-O-Rama Forums

ALL BY ITS SELF

ken collins

96 chnls, the program ran good for a few days, but now a couple of random channels from board 2,3, and 4 appear. They stay on till the sequence powers em back on, then go out. I have my cat-5 comm cables bunched with the power cords, wondering if I'm getting some interference??Status led burns steady, tried re-setting, useing all mini and rope light, no led lights This just started happening out of the blue??

sounds like some cross talk/interference.. Try fanning them out a bit and see if your problem goes away. Communication and Power shouldn't be run together.. Have seen cases using multi conductor cable at our park when they do voice paging, they also set off fire alarms just from cross talk and bleed over.

Thanks Brad, was kind of heading in that direction. I'm also getting a 02 bootloader 16d ver 3.0 showing on my hardware . I'm running 6 boards, but utility is only showing 5. Sooooo, I'm guessing I got a comm problem someplace. I'm also running firmware 1.5.1, wasn't having any problems with that before, and didn't see any reason to upgrade it. And I still can't figure that being the problem.

We had a hurricane blow through here about 10 days ago, and I came through with minimal damage.. Even after I got everything put back together, It worked great till last night, then this problem started. This system survived over 110 mph winds, I still consider myself pretty lucky..

Thanks for getting back to me so quick. I'll go play with the comm's tomorrow and see what happens