Light-O-Rama Forums

CTB16 unit stopped working

Mike WIlliams

......... working fine last night.

Sequencing today and noticed some lights were not working.

Used hardware utility, only "found" 2 units. (I have 3)

Checked breakers, power conections etc etc, finally work my way to the controller (power fine TO the unit) opened unit, no led.

HELP!!!! (please?)

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

-Mike-

I thought that might be it, so I the swapped fuses.... no change! Posted this, and ran to the store to buy some new ones. Replaced both on my way back IN the house, lol. (can ya tell where MY priorities are) and as was sung in "Chasing Rainbows".....

HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN!!!!

Thanks Tim!

....next question, any idea why fuse would blow after being fine for a week or so?

Mike WIlliams wrote:

....next question, any idea why fuse would blow after being fine for a week or so?

Possibly a slight overload that finally caused the fuse to blow? Hard to tell without putting a meter on it, or at least carefully doing calculations based on your loads...

-Tim

Mike WIlliams wrote:

I thought that might be it, so I the swapped fuses.... no change! Posted this, and ran to the store to buy some new ones. Replaced both on my way back IN the house, lol. (can ya tell where MY priorities are) and as was sung in "Chasing Rainbows".....

HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN!!!!

Thanks Tim!

Hopefully, you replaced the fuses with the correct type? There are "fast Acting" and "Slow Blow" Which did you use?

Well, since I was out of aluminum foil, I bought 50 AMP SLOW BLOW.............. ROFLMAO!!!! .... bet they won't go out again!!!!

........ok, SERIOULSY, yes I did replace with same, 15 Amp Fast Acting Ceramic....

while we are on it, what is the diff in ceramic and the glass ones. It would be a lot easier to diagnose if they were the clear ones.

Thanks for checkin' on me though!!!!

Happy Holidays!!!!

-Mike-

Mike WIlliams wrote:

Well, since I was out of aluminum foil, I bought 50 AMP SLOW BLOW.............. ROFLMAO!!!! .... bet they won't go out again!!!!

Well they might go out, but it won't be the fuse! :P

-Tim

Personally, I prefer the "nail" replacement methodology from the guy on TLC last year. Remember the show where he recommended replacing the fuses in light strings with a cut piece of nail?