Light-O-Rama Forums

Interactive show with smart phone MIIP

ItsMeBobO

MIIP is in its sixth year now and going strong.    For 2015 there are many changes to give the display owner more options on setup of their miip website and playlist. 

If you would like to enroll in miip to have an interactive show please read this overview and send me an email as described there.

Here are two new videos explaining the 2015 changes to miip.   Other videos on my vimeo account.

I only have one short question:

Do I need a static IP from my provider?

No.   MIIP is hosted on my provider.   The MIIP client which runs on your show computer using miip as a web service.   The playlist is a regular webpage. 

Awesome stuff. Cant imagine my display without MIIP.

Mike, if you want to run this this year, come by anytime and I will help you out with it. We will probably to a mini/get together in September, might be a good time to show it.

Thanks for the updates Bob!

I was interested in this last year, more so this year.

How or does it work with clean up sequences?

From the LOR help pages:

A "cleanup sequence" can also be specified in the musical section.  If so, that sequence will be played immediately after the completion of any sequence in the musical section, before the next one begins.

MIIP provides a way to place 'announcements' between songs.    This can be between every song, or every 5 10 or however many minutes.    I have not used 'Clean up'  but it looks like it always has to be the same song and always between every song.   So miip can accomplish the same thing in a different way with more options in this case.

• 4 weeks later...

Two more upgrades to miip have been made this week.    

• You can now specify how often to show a custom link message interlaced with your playlist.  
  • When the playlist refreshes the view window is set to the playlist section.  It was formerly set to top of page which meant guest had to scroll down on each refresh. 

Love the program Bob0, love all the new stuff also. I will make sure and show it to Jeff at the Tennessee fall mini in a few weeks since he had never heard of it before. :)

This looks Awesome, ill be looking into this for sure, looks simple enough and would add that interactive element to my show which I have been craving, since most people dont like getting out of their cars during our great Midwest winters....

welcome wichard623  read this.

Today another miip change was made to give more control over Vote-in only songs.  If you wish to limit the number of plays you can enter a wait period for voting. 

• 2 weeks later...

Last night Miip had a major upgrade to the latest PHP version 5.6.   You will find that pages refresh much faster.  Especially yours Doug since you have the most songs by far. 

• 1 month later...

A few small changes to miip are released.    Now miip has full Google Analytics to report on guest usage. 

On the song page you may add a video link for each song.  The link within the playlist was improved.  

The vote page now positions better when entered.    A bug with Facebook was fixed and another bug with the show vote-in timer fixed. 

• 3 weeks later...

Another upgrade to MIIP is released today.    We are ready for new sign ups for 2015.  

This release reduced network traffic and addressed some stray pop-ups.     The way passwords are handled was made more secure. 

Got my new domain registered last night. requestlights.com

Should be all ready for my request season.

Cant wait to get it started.

Thanks for all the hard work that goes into this software.

So, what does this do?

MIIP (Mobile Interactive Internet Playlist)

Allows your visitors to go online on their cell phones and pick what song plays next.

Best thing since sliced bread. Love using it along with many of the people who come watch my display.

So, what does this do?

Its to trigger a song Dcroc.  Like the big red button with wires.  Only its on the guests phone and no wires.    MIIP is software on the show computer which changes the show file.   This causes the show computer to play the song that MIIP decides.  MIIP also has a mobile sized webpage for your guests to see and interact with your playlist.   It shows the schedule of times for a show and the songs in that show.  Shows which song is playing next and for the remainder of the show.  Guests can bump up a song to play sooner if they don't want to wait for that song in the rotation.   The display owner decides how often a song can play to prevent repeats too close together.