Light-O-Rama Forums

should I stay or go?

Plumber Plays with Lights

A reminder to Mike to put the Bubba button in the visualizer (you had to be there). Zman, you have the best christmas themed shirts I've ever seen, where do you get them? :)

Larry thanks. Its sort of funny, but my wife buys them for me. She gets them online. I have a decent selection in my closet to choose from. Sometimes more shirts than opportunities during the year to wear them.

There are sites she visits, but the brands are Tori Richards and Bamboo Cay. The former typically has a "yearly" type design. Pete Peters who taught AC/DC and other classes got her going on this, because he has a decent collection as well.

I'm so Sorry to the lor team. I didn't want to start a whole mess and don't want to get anyone in trouble. I was just a little frustrated the last few days. Sunday my light o rama sequences editor keep kinda freezing on me but I think I figured it out. I shouldn't have taken out on y'all online. I was at the booth for quite some time on Saturday before someone came and helped me. Maybe I miss read the person who was helping me. They just gave short answers to my broad questions. I 'll take the blame for that one. I hope yall can forgive me.

No problem.  Apology accepted.  If you still have questions, or didn't get a sufficient answer to a question, we still want to help.  Please post your question here, open a help desk ticket, give us a call, or even email me directly.   It is obvious we didn't give you the answers you need and I want to fix that.  

That also goes for anyone else that needed to see us while at expo and didn't get a chance.  Every person on the floor in the LOR booth has areas of expertise and we tend to stack up with people that have questions in that area.  I think at one point I had 5 or 6 people waiting just for me on general questions about software.  

Inre the 'Bubba Button':  I know I promised this button to one of you, but I have COMPLETELY forgotten what it was supposed to do!  Please eMail me and I will do my best to get it in for the next release (yes, you have jumped to the top of the queue).

• Like 1

Mike, I think it had to do with being able to center the mega tree instead of trying to get the sliders to do it!

zman, I googled the vendors and it took me to Captain's Landing site! I noticed they have stores also, and one happen's to be about 1 mile from my home! Thanks for the info!

Hey Mike, I think another thing about the "Bubba button" was the assigning of channels as in a universe. Since LOR is recommending a single universe per DMX/CCD string to prevent "Pixel Packing" the way the software works now is if you have 50 pixels per universe the assigning is 1-50 then 51-101, etc. In the class we were discussing defaulting the pixels to 1-50 for each universe instead of having to go in and change them back to 1-50 for each universe.

At least I think that was what we were talking about, I got so much info out of both your S4 and Visualizer classes! If anyone else in the class remembers better and if I'm not exactly right please let me/us know.

Thanks,

Al

www.saunderschristmaslights.com

Ok, now on to the next adventure! Mike; when's the summer sale?

No comment.

Any updates on the availability and cost for the Pixcon 16?

No comment.

No comment.

No comment.

Forget the summer sale and Pixcon 16...when are we going to see some Video Tutorials for S4???

Did anyone think to video tape all the seminars down in Texas?!?!?!?!  :blink:

• Like 1

Forget the summer sale and Pixcon 16...when are we going to see some Video Tutorials for S4???

Did anyone think to video tape all the seminars down in Texas?!?!?!?!  :blink:

I know I saw people recording most of the trainings I was at, but they weren't by the instructors with the exception of Matt Brown and the pixel editor training. I think Matt will be putting out some training videos. I recorded John Storms sequencing class with my iPad, all 3 hours. The video is OK, but because of light levels it is a bit grainy.

Since the classes are essentially property of Proshow Inc (the people who run the Expo), you would need both their and the teacher's permission to post/distribute any video.

Proshow has planed to release some of the presentations on their website, however I don't think that will include video.  After all, who would pay to go to Expo if they could get all that same training for free after? ;) 

• Like 1