Light-O-Rama Forums

GREAT NEIGHBORS

Robin

To all of you who have bad experiences with neighbors lt me tell you about tonight.

While "Santa" was at the castle my neighbor across the street directed traffic while another neighbor down the street helped park cars. I had mentioned that Santa may need some help and they did a great job.

On another happy note we had well over 100 kids visit Santa in an hour and a half. The way we keep track is to put 100 candy canes in Santa's little bag and then count what is left. Tonight we had to refill the bag but forgot to count the ones we refilled the bag with the second time.

Also, we popped 36 premixed packs of popcorn.

It was a fantastic time.

You are blessed... I actually like hearing stories like this, because it helps me realize that it's my neighbors who are the oddballs, not me...

-Tim (ok, I'm still an oddball too :P)

That's great Robin!
I was a little concerned about my neighbors and how they would react to my show, but to my amazment, they have been supportive (so far) and like the show. I haven't had any traffic issues to deal with though... I only get one or two cars a night, which is ok with me!

My whole street was PACKED last night from one end to the other, therer were 19 cars parked across from my show and the rest were waiting their turn.

My neighbor 4 doors down was outside (at 10PM) letting people know how long the show was and how to best see it, telling them the station to tune to before they got there... and so on.

I saw him and thought he was out talking to people about being upset. He lives 4 houses down and I never realy thought it would be enough traffic to bother them as we have pretty large lots. So I went to talk to him about how I would turn it off if it was causing a problem only to find him TICKLED to death about it. He was getting such a kick out having people there to talk to and be an expert with. He really enjoyed visiting with them while they waited. He had a static display with an AM talking message too so he was getting more traffic fr HIS SHOW.

I am truly lucky to have such nice neighbors (and an empty lot across from me)

My wife just walked by now and said "absolutely slammed" so it is busy again tonight.

I have refused over a dozen interview requests by tv and newspaper to avoid further traffic but my neighbor said he would LOVE to see it absolutely crazy with people.

Go figure.... I didn't.