Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR II Load and Unload (again)

JerryAllen

LOR I was very good at stop/start using process.exe -q lorcontrol.exe and process.exe -q lormonitor.exe. At that time I could then run WMP with LORvis for a period of time a reload LOR and the show would go on. This no longer works with LOR II, LOR II only on occasion thinks it has never been ran and the show hangs waiting for user input just to push next. I have looked deep for a reson for this and there is no difference in the registry keys ([HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareLight-O-Rama] *) when this happens. This error/bug appears when I unload LOR using the unload command, kill it with task manager or kill it with process.exe, it has no pattern it just occurs at the most inconvenient times.

Do lorcontrol.exe and lormonitor.exe have any command line parameters that could be passed to them to bypass the splash screens? I do not want to go back to LOR I to have this ability.

Thanks,

Jerry

Have you tried using the program KillProcess? It is a free download and it has terminated anything I've ever tried. I use the Scheduled Task program in the WinXP control panel to stop (using KillProcess) and start programs on remote work computers.

process.exe -q does the same thing...

I think that one difference in LOR I and LOR II is how lorcontrol.exe is executed.

LOR I = "C: Program FilesLightORamalortray.exe" (a true shortcut) or you could just double click it.

LOR II = "C: Program FilesLight-O-Rama" ( a registry key, not a short cut containing the exe file name), I think I have it narrowed down to stopping lortray.exe and lorcontrol.exe then executing the LOR II installer created LORTray shortcut. This seems to work reliably.

Tonight will tell.

Jerry