Light-O-Rama Forums

Holdman Star

dan24438

I know lots of people have it but I love the way it looks and think it turned out really good. There is one light that is alittle loose but i'll fix it before show time. What do you guys think.

post-12034-0-06680100-1435368365_thumb.j

174 C9 leds and is setup for 3 channels. 

Edited by dan24438

Is it for sale? Haha.. Who made your frame?

Jeff

Edited by Jeff Messer

Is it for sale? Haha.. Who made your frame?

Jeff

I cut it out from a 4x8 piece of plywood. 

WOW.. Looked like a wire frame till I zoomed in on the picture. Nice Job.

• 1 month later...

Watched your star so much I contacted Doug for a wire frame. It just came in and I will apply pixels to it tomorrow.

Jeff

• Like 1

Sorry don't have any video's of it in action yet. But i'll get a video of my visualizer if you'd like?

I will start with pixel on mine this week. I needed to order zipties and 10,000 will be here soon.... Pictures coming shortly.  

• 2 months later...

Great job on the star, I also made the star this year,( my first year with LOR). Mine also turned out very well, setting the stand on the roof this weekend. Have to get it up there before the snow, nothern wisconsin we had snow 2 days ago.

Holdman Star! Always Classic! My friend made one and it was always one of my favorite features of his display. It sits at my house now as he can't use it for a few years. Hmmmm Wonder if I can sneak it into my sequencing. :)

Holdman Star! Always Classic! My friend made one and it was always one of my favorite features of his display. It sits at my house now as he can't use it for a few years. Hmmmm Wonder if I can sneak it into my sequencing. :)

Wonder? I think this is just a verbal diversion... it's probably already installed and added to all sequences. :)

And I agree... it's one of those timeless decorations that just always looks great!

LOL.... I've got too many other new additions this year to setup and configure. If get it all done before go time I'll sneak it in. I just have his star and no bracing so we'd have to build that before the season starts.

Who knows, it might show up mid season or something! :)

• The topic was locked