Light-O-Rama Forums

I found out who first put video in their display!!!

Robin

Wow I always thought it was a guy named Mike Z or Ken Good or many others. How could I have been so wrong. Here is the link to the amazing idividual who was the FIRST one to place video in their outdoor display. We all owe him a great deal of thanks.

http://www.rawlsroad.com/christmas_future.htm

[align=center]Experiment in Video![/align] This year is the year we finally realize a dream that started 6 years ago in 2001 when we began the great search for a way for video and audio to be synchronous with the lights and part of the show.
Video can be a distraction from the lights, however we are willing to take that chance. We believe we synchronous video can also be a meaningful part of a display and plan to do just that. To accomplish this, most of the video will simply be a colorful component with eye candy, but not have such importance that you cannot take your eyes off the video to see the other elements of the light show.
The interesting about our family tradition of putting on a light show, is we keep coming up with ideas and concepts nobody has seen before but somehow we always find a way to accomplish what we want to do for Christmas. This is truly the golden age for doing lights, "the new old fashioned way."

As a PC member for most of a decade, I've learned that there are few people I agree with 100% of the time, some I rarely agree with but still can get along with if I try, and the rest are somewhere in the middle. There are some people that I've met in person and were shocked to find out their online personalities were nothing like their real ones (some have said the same thing about me). There are others that I just HOPE that's the case for, since I can't believe that they could possibly be as egocentric as they come off as...

Anyway, I've tried to keep my vents about PC off of the public forums. It's pointless, because Chuck seems happy with the direction the forum is going. And for the most part, it works, even if I do disagree with things like how the moderation is (or is not) working, and evidently most people either agree, or aren't bothered enough by it to quit posting and go to one of the other forums... Heck I frequent one of the others and most of the members post more on PC then they do on that one...

-Tim

Tim,
I am not slaming PC although I do think some things are different. A few days ago I posted pics that were taken during Santa's visit. I mentioned in less than five words that the suit was hot because it was almost 80 that night.

Now did he say what nice pics? Did he say how cute the kids were? Nope he went on a three paragrah discussion about his childhood. About some place in Canada that still had not frozen and on and on.

Now since you know me well, I decided to send him a PM. I was very upset as he has been hi-jacking threads for the past several weeks bragging about how great he is and all. For the most part I let those alone. Then when he tried the same thing on my thread I decided someone needed to say something and in a little stronger voice.

Not proud of the words I used but after all it was private. Yet when it was all said and done he posted it on the public forum (sound familiar). Now I am locked out of PC he is posting and now has stated he has been working on this video thing since 2001.

Maybe my problem is I am a hot head sometime. But I refuse to talk bad about someone behind their back to others in either emails or PM's and then act as if he is cool when I talk to him. Nope I believe in being straight forward and upfront.

So now will someone please tell me why do we call PM's Private Messages when no one seems to understand what the word private means?

I never started this thread to be a rant. It is just that this guy has been throwing insults my way on two forums since I have been locked out of PC about people with a big ego. Anyone who has ever read my posts know that I do not have that on any public forum. I accept praise when it is given with a thank you and have even refrained from posting some of my work so as not to offend others who have attempted the same type of projects.

Jeff, I will say this much about my little project. When I get all the bugs worked out I am going to copywrite every photo and if I can trademark the name I will do that too. This is one design he will not claim as being the first.

Well I was called an idiot today -- we'll see how long that stays, lol.

I can tolerate being called an idiot, especially if I deserve it, but when it comes from someone whose been around less than a month and posted a dozen times adding little value, and who misunderstood my post, then it gets a little annoying...

-Tim

Robin wrote:

Actually in my political blog I write for the local paper someone called me a liberal. I swear I almost had a heart attack!

You a liberal? Have they actually listened to you? :D

But I agree, I'd rather be called an idiot :P.

-Tim

Well now the BSM's (Brainless Secret Moderators) on PC have deleted a thread in which I was trying to help Steve Singleton get his show working again after it was affected by a rogue electrical inspector. For the life of me I have no idea what the problem was, and even so they should NOT be deleting entire threads over whatever post or two thy saw.

I'm getting REALLY sick of that place...
http://planetchristmas.mywowbb.com/forum13/19805.html
(read it fast, it won't be there long)

-Tim

Yeah well I had some nice Santa pics and instead of deleting just the questionable posts they took everything off. Oh well it still makes for interesting reading. That is if you enjoy the same question asked 100 times.

That's because good moderating takes time. You actually have to (gasp) READ and THINK about which posts violate the standards, rather than just brainlessly whacking the whole thread.

That is if you enjoy the same question asked 100 times.

Can someone please tell me how many lights I can plug into my outlet? And does anyone here use "indoor" cords outside? :shock:

Apologies to Dan for helping keep this thread not-so-positive. I'd fully understand if THIS thread disappeared...

-Tim

LOL my favorite this time of year is :

VOTE FOR ME, VOTE FOR ME, VOTE FOR ME!

I do understand Ron Lister asking though. I mean a $2,500 HD gift card. WOW I am going to enter that bad boy myself!!!

It use to be a good board where you could actually learn something, and get ideas. Lately, to me anyway, it seems that if your not bragging, praising, or tooting your horn the post is removed or edited completely out of context. I have noticed allot of people that posted there frequently in the past years are absent now.

Too many MODs without guidelines. Oh well, It was a good board while it lasted. I always thought that disagreements and difference of oppinions allowed people to see the other side of a situation and open their minds to new ideas and thoughts. And so did our fore-fathers when the wrote the constitution. Freedom of speach and the right to assemble.

If you don't like the thread, DON'T READ IT ANYMORE. YOU HAVE THAT POWER. We don't need others telling us what we can and can not say about a subject. Yes filter out the bad language, and the name calling, and keep the post to a PG rating, but don't delete the thread.

I now climb off my soapbox so others can think awhile about how this countries people have changed so they would not offend others. My 2 cents, If you don't like it leave, go try to change it where you came from and see how it goes.

I say "Joyess end of the year" but I'm sure I will still offend someone, and be deleted if I were on "The Other Board"....

You know I do not know know why they are offended by LORD. I watched The Nativity yesterday. They used LORD many times I did not see the FCC deleting them.

Funny thing I am a member of many forums including this one. But I have never seen such petty childish actions than on PC and CC. Actually just about any Christmas forum. Also, have never ever seen anyone share a PM. Also, have never seen so many hate emails sent to others about me and other emails.

I just do not understand. Heck I have some pretty boy on another forum that is obbsessed with slamming me that he is harassing two women on the forum. Just does not make any sense why this only seems to happen on Christmas forums.

Well, I grew up that, depending on how you used it (e.g. just uttering "Oh L**d") would be taking the Lord's name in vein (literally, in this case...)

It doesn't bother me they changed the title, but only that they don't seem to censor other, worse things... And it wouldn't bother me if they left it alone either -- I'm a big boy...

-Tim