Light-O-Rama Forums

Colors not showing properly, but displays properly when played

Ron Boyd

Found something odd in 4.0.36

The scene at 1:07.15 is supposed to be Red to yellow. Also, the elements at Column 46, 47, and 48, should also be this color, but are showing white only. It doesn't matter what I change the Start color to, it stays white.

At 1:10.95, same thing, I can't change the start color.

Now, when the effect is played back, the correct colors are displayed on the elements.

I'm sending the Visualizer files, sequence and a couple of screen shots to your email to peek at.

Later,
Ron

Yes, the bug has to do with the fact that with an imported visualization you can have non-RGB light strings that are Red, Green, Blue, or White. In your case you have a visualization that is all RGB lights, so superstar only displays the Red, Green, and Blue color controls. But somehow you got into a state where superstar is only displaying the Red, Green, and Blue controls, yet the White control is set so.

When the white control is set, it sets the bar that represents the effect to white even if the Red, Green, or Blue controls are set. But when you play it to your actual lights, it sends all the proper commands to the lights. So in your case it sends whatever is set in the Red, Green, or Blue controls, and the fact that the White control is set has no effect because you have no White light strings.

I was able to get into the state you are describing and have fixed the bug. The fix will be in the next release. But the fix just prevents the problem, it won't fix the sequence that you have.

So for those that already have effects in a sequence with this problem, the "work around" to fix the problem is to do the following:

1) Delete all the effects that have the problem

1) Shut down superstar

2) launch superstar

3) Open your sequence.

4) The white color control should not be visible

5) Select on the time bar where you want to add a scene. Set the appropriate color controls and add the effect.

The effect should add properly.

Thanks Brian.

Update:

I got a chance to use the band-aid fix on it and it works properly. Thanks again.

Edited by Ron Boyd