Light-O-Rama Forums

Request For A Christmas Tree

OurMikeyRocks

Last year I used RGB Studio to sequence my pixel tree.  I got close to trying to alter the Circles effect so that it would have a solid background and could be used to make a classic Christmas tree - a green background with colored circles on it.

As I started with the PE I realized that the effects were similar to what I had last year - I think they are open source.  Then I found the function that would let me sum two effects and I'm excited thinking I can finally make a Christmas tree.

So I made the solid green background and then went to put the Circles effect on top of that.  Oops, there isn't a  Circles effect.

What happened?  Will this be added later?

Thanks

Mikey

Well, I'm answering some of my own questions as I study and learn more about PE.

First, I noticed there are more effects missing than just the Circles effect - Tree, Sparkle, etc..

But, I also found the \Light-O-Rama\PixelEditor\EffectPlugins subdirectory, so it looks like you are planning on accommodating new effects in the future.  However, the question still remains if any of these will come from the user community.

I realized that last year I had the ability to create an effect at the macro level and, when it was converted to XML and imported to the SE, I was able to edit it at the individual pixel level.  For those who want to, this would allow another level of customization.  Any plans for something like this?

Finally, just to make it clear, I really like the things I see in S4.  S4 rocks!  But like so many, I want it all.  So I have to ask.

Thanks

Mikey