Light-O-Rama Forums

Grouping Channels

intertrashional

I have an RGB element that I want to make various patterns, fades, and movements.  I had planned on using channel groups for the various movements(left to right, etc).  Is there a faster way than creating the groups, and manually adding the channels to those groups?  I would like to add the CCB as an RGB device then copy the various channels to make a group.  Once the groups are made I can just fade across the groups to make the motions I am looking for.

Thanks!

When you add the CCB, make sure - in the "Add Device" dialog box - that the "Add as a group" option is UN-checked.

If you add the CC* device as a group, you won't be able to create groups within that group.

Easier than copying/pasting the channels: When you're in the "Channel Grouping" dialog box, check the option to "Leave copies in their existing locations."

Thanks George. I will give that a try. Is there an easy way to make up a group using RGB channels from both string 1 and 2 of the CCB? For instance I need a group with string 1 bulb 5, string 2 bulb 3, string 2 bulb 23, and string 1 bulb 15. I have many groups to make similar to this for this element. Each group is a vertical slice of the element. I am planning on fading colors across the groups for the element. Which will give me the motion of left to right I am looking for.

Edited by intertrashional