Light-O-Rama Forums

Profile Pic

Dcroc

Is there a reason I can't upload a profile pic? Is there a limitation on newbie accounts on this, or do I need to look at what I'm doing wrong?

As far as I know, new users can upload a photo.  Here are the steps:

In the dropdown menu under your user name near the upper right corner, select My Profile.

On the profile page, near the upper right, select "Edit my Profile".

On the My Settings page, the first section under General Account Settings is Photo with a button to the right to "Change my photo..."

That should bring up a pop-up screen labeled Photo Editor.  On that page you can select a file to upload.

from what I remember it is a small size limit. I remember I had to resize a few time to get it to work.

I don't recall anymore what level was needed for a pic, but I think these days it's probably gold level. Might be worth checking.

being a newbie I posted a pic but file size is limited I had to resize a couple of times . that is my homemade leg lamp in pic originally showed heel to top of shade

Edited by kingfish

....I had to resize a couple of times . that is my homemade leg lamp in pic originally showed heel to top of shade

Larry,

Sorry to hear you had to resize your leg. I bet it's hard getting up and down ladders now. Doubling it as a lamp is a cool idea. Better than just propping it up in the corner for sure.

Take care,

Daniel

• Like 1

There are no restrictions on who can upload a profile photo.

If you are trying to do it in IE, then pick a different browser and try again.

• 1 month later...

Color me crazy, but I can't get a photo to upload in either Chrome or IE. I tried removing my old photo first to see if that would help, but it didn't. Whenever I select a photo, the image stays blank.

• 1 month later...
  • The topic was locked