Light-O-Rama Forums

CTB 16 PC-Channels test ok, but do not work in sequence

Dale W

I have a couple of CTB 16 PC units where the channels test ok via the hardware wizard, but do not activate the lights during a sequence.

The Channels are properly assigned, but something is amiss.

I am running 50 - 100 LED C-6s on some and a 8ft length of incandescent rope light on another.

Is there anything that can be done (rather than sending them back to factory)?

The boards were preassembled and all I did was install them in a box, and others were complete units from LOR.

You say "The channels are properly assigned".
Are you talking about the channel assignments in the "Sequence Editor"?

If all channels on the controllers work fine with the hardware utility, then I would suspect the channels may not be assigned correctly in the Sequence Editor.
Open a sequence in the sequence editor.
Left click on one of the channels.
Click "Change Channel Settings"
Verify: Device Type (Light-O-Rama Controller) / Unit / Circuit settings are correct for each channel.

Under the Sequence Editor "Play" menu, check that "Control Lights" is checked.
Play the sequence and check if the lights are working properly.

Also check the menu "Edit" / "Preferences" / "Network Preferences"
See if the "Light-O-Rama Network" is set to the same Com Port as is used in the Hardware Utility.
The Dasher and X10 can be set to "None".

Hope this helps!

John wrote:

You say "The channels are properly assigned".
Are you talking about the channel assignments in the "Sequence Editor"?

If all channels on the controllers work fine with the hardware utility, then I would suspect the channels may not be assigned correctly in the Sequence Editor.
Open a sequence in the sequence editor.
Left click on one of the channels.
Click "Change Channel Settings"
Verify: Device Type (Light-O-Rama Controller) / Unit / Circuit settings are correct for each channel.

Under the Sequence Editor "Play" menu, check that "Control Lights" is checked.
Play the sequence and check if the lights are working properly.

Also check the menu "Edit" / "Preferences" / "Network Preferences"
See if the "Light-O-Rama Network" is set to the same Com Port as is used in the Hardware Utility.
The Dasher and X10 can be set to "None".

Hope this helps!

Yes, the channels are properly assigned in the sequence editor (for instance Unit 9, channel 14).

The comm port is correct also.

What I am having happen is that when I connect everything to the hardware wizard to test the lights, each individual channel works.

However, once the sequence begins, it does not work.

At one time the sequences were showing properly, then they stopped. When testing the channels, the lights were fine.

When you do a Refresh in the Hardware Utility, it shows all controllers - correct?

When the show is playing do the LEDs go solid on the units that are not responding?

Dale W wrote:

I have a couple of CTB 16 PC units where the channels test ok via the hardware wizard, but do not activate the lights during a sequence.

The Channels are properly assigned, but something is amiss.

I am running 50 - 100 LED C-6s on some and a 8ft length of incandescent rope light on another.

Is there anything that can be done (rather than sending them back to factory)?

The boards were preassembled and all I did was install them in a box, and others were complete units from LOR.

Just curious if you have tried using an incandescent bulb string on the channels that don't work?

Steve