Jump to content

Windows XP Media Center Edition


Guest guest
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just wanted to ask if anyone here is using Media Center and LOR.just redid my machine with it and dont plan on changing back anytime soon.I love it so far.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ktulu909 wrote:

Just wanted to ask if anyone here is using Media Center and LOR.just redid my machine with it and dont plan on changing back anytime soon.I love it so far.
I have Media Center and LOR on my laptopalso loving IT!!!Jerry Plak:snowman:
Link to comment
Share on other sites

it should work, because media center is pretty much a cross between xp home and pro with a different gui and the actual media center running as a program, not an actual os. I think??????????

Link to comment
Share on other sites

yeutterg wrote:

it should work, because media center is pretty much a cross between xp home and pro with a different gui and the actual media center running as a program, not an actual os. I think??????????

That's how I understand it. Basically XP...

-Tim
Link to comment
Share on other sites

tfischer wrote:

yeutterg wrote:
it should work, because media center is pretty much a cross between xp home and pro with a different gui and the actual media center running as a program, not an actual os. I think??????????

That's how I understand it. Basically XP...

-Tim



Yes, but I have several programs that run under XP Pro that won't XP media, for example my palm pilot. (Actually Sony Clie, but same OS).

I called Sony, Palm, and Microsoft. All said the same thing, there is no work around, so I am now using my Clie on Win 2000 at work.

Other programs like Marine screen saver also are affected (It runs but with a refresh issue).

So, my experience has been there is a difference in what runs under XP Pro and XP Media. I don't have regular XP to compare.

That being said, I love XP Media and don't plan to change it,

Greg
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, I have a hp media center and love it. Built in tv tuner 200 gb hard drive, remote control. I ran it this year with LOR and had absolutely NO problems whatsoever. Hoping to get the removable harddrive soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

tfischer wrote:

Thanks Greg, this is the first I've heard of that.

-Tim

I am always the one to experience some problem with electronic items I purchase that the manufacturer either isn't aware of, or one that is not frequently occurring.

Doesn't matter whether it is computer, audio gear, video gear, etc, just as long as it's electronics.

My family describes it as the Young curse.

Only good thing is I learn quite a bit about the units I buy, based on these glitches/failures..

Greg
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Greg Young wrote:
I am always the one to experience some problem with electronic items I purchase that the manufacturer either isn't aware of, or one that is not frequently occurring.

Doesn't matter whether it is computer, audio gear, video gear, etc, just as long as it's electronics.

My family describes it as the Young curse.

Only good thing is I learn quite a bit about the units I buy, based on these glitches/failures..

Greg




The same thing happens to me a lot. For example, windows media player wouldn't open videos in web pages and all the setting were correct. I looked up the problem on microsoft's web site and it always says "We are looking into this problem." They've been looking for a long time. At least I got firefox (which is sooooo cool) and it plays vids in web pages.

Maybe they should give us stuff for free and we test it for them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

yeutterg wrote:


The same thing happens to me a lot. For example, windows media player wouldn't open videos in web pages and all the setting were correct. I looked up the problem on microsoft's web site and it always says "We are looking into this problem." They've been looking for a long time. At least I got firefox (which is sooooo cool) and it plays vids in web pages.

Maybe they should give us stuff for free and we test it for them.



Well we do wind up testing their products for them! That is why these days I give a new OS at least a year before I jump into it. Spent too much time on the past trying to find out what I did wrong, only to discover (later) it was a problem in their software..

I'll stick with XP for at least a year once folks try out there next release (Vista I believe).

Greg

As to the free part, oh well........
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...