Light-O-Rama Forums

PE class at Christmas Expo

Al Saunders

Hi,

I was just wondering how basic/beginner the class for the Pixel Editor at the Expo will be? I'm interested in it but haven't even downloaded S4 since I don't consider myself qualified to be a Beta tester. Any input as to the structure of the class would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Al

The PE class is 2 hours on the last day. I expect the first hour will be spent giving a brief overview and then walking through setting up a preview. The second hour will concentrate on sequencing. If there are other topics that people are interested in I can try to squeeze those in as time allows. Don't hesitate to post your thoughts here. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone at Expo!

Matt

• Like 2

When and where is the Expo this year?

Never mind, found it! Thanks anyway

Edited by dgrant

Hi Matt, I'll be there and would love to see the entire process. Having a regular LOR sequence and then adding the Pixel Editor effect to the original sequence and then see the end result.

Larry

Looking forward to this class Matt for sure!

I am going to miss the first hour because of a class I will be teaching, so I will be picking your brain about the first hour's content.

FYI....

I'm trying to get a slot for a 'What's new in LOR S4' thing at the expo as well.  Right now, the only slots available are opposite Matt's class which won't work since Pix Editor is the major upgrade.   Why make an attendee choose? :)

Hopefully I can get an earlier time -- I suggested one to the Expo people, but it means bumping an existing class to a new time.  If I do get the earlier time, I am going to just gloss over the Pix Editor, give a very quick demo, and tell people to go to Matt's class. 

Brian is also giving a 'What's new in Superstar' class, so I won't touch on it.  The time/room I suggested for my class is just before Brian's so the 2 can run into each other - but only if the person in that slot does not mind changing.

I'm the LATE one here, so no hard feelings/whatevers from me if you can't get it scheduled.  I totally understand if it can't happen, and will be available at the LOR Booth for those who want to get an overview if so.  Brain's and Matt's classes will cover 80% of the new stuff in more depth than I ever could give them, so no big loss if I can't make it in.

I am fully aware that I'm the one causing problems, so smack me/drop me if needed! ;)

Not an issue, more info is better. I suggested a swap in the schedule to accommodate this extra class. It should be ironed out in the next day or so.....

Hey DevMike,

I'm looking forward to your visualizer classes! I kicked myself for a long time for missing them in 2013 because I instead went to the waste of time "class" on the fountains. When I realized what I had missed I was upset with myself but was really glad to see your teaching them again.

With so many quality classes, I wish the Expo was 4 days and each class would be taught twice so us attendees could skip one class if need be and then take the other at a different time. Or at least the ones that may be more popular based on LOR software and updates as to new features.

Anyway, looking forward to your class as well as many others!

Later,

Al

The PE class is 2 hours on the last day. I expect the first hour will be spent giving a brief overview and then walking through setting up a preview. The second hour will concentrate on sequencing. If there are other topics that people are interested in I can try to squeeze those in as time allows. Don't hesitate to post your thoughts here. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone at Expo! Matt

I'm really interested in how to tie PE in with with the rest of the LOR package

Looking forward to your class

• 4 weeks later...

I'm looking forward to this class, too. I don't have many pixels in my display... yet! But I hope to come away from the Expo armed and dangerous on how to sequence them!