Light-O-Rama Forums

projection video mapping

Dennis Laff

Hi everyone does anyone know if  Digital pressworks  is in busness their the company in around Jan 2015 was advertising video mapping sequences.  I have sent a few emails to there website and have not got a response yet  .  thanks

Their website seems active. 

It seems very very very over priced, for what it is, and they sell the video with it, containing clips and audio, which has been copyrighted, which is illegal. 

Hi everyone does anyone know if  Digital pressworks  is in busness their the company in around Jan 2015 was advertising video mapping sequences.  I have sent a few emails to there website and have not got a response yet  .  thanks

What are you looking for?

I have a couple projectors and I thought for $100.oo for a sequence it would be a cheap way to see if the video mapping would work on my house But they seem to be really slow responding to emails.

Try it yourself; get a video and program some random lights and point it at your house.

Ken have you tried projection mapping and if so what software are you using? Thanks

Why would you need software? (Well you could use a professional one like Resulme Arena, but you don't need that. Just play it in VLC or Windows Media Player.

Why would you need software? (Well you could use a professional one like Resulme Arena, but you don't need that. Just play it in VLC or Windows Media Player.

I don't think Dennis is asking what software to use to play the video, but what software to use to create the video, that is, map different videos to various areas on the house.  In my case, I am using VPT-7.

Your right Denny I tried downloading. VPT-7 software but just freezes up whenever I try to use it? Your right I want to try video projection mapping But a lot of replies are for video not mapping Thanks for your help.

VPT-7 seems like it would need a high spec PC. Especially for HD video.

Adobe after effects is much much better. Just draw the outline in Paint and import.

The VPT-7 is free. Adobe after effects is fairly expensive to buy . That's why I would like to buy one sequence from digital press works just to see how it looks on my house .

Your right Denny I tried downloading. VPT-7 software but just freezes up whenever I try to use it? Your right I want to try video projection mapping But a lot of replies are for video not mapping Thanks for your help.

I almost gave up on VPT-7 also, I found that it did load and run but it took well over a minute and a 1/2 to where I could do anything with it. Once it fully loaded it works fine. I also have 2 warning screens come up (actually same one comes up twice) about "Directx entry point could not be found" or something similar. I tried to update directx but microsoft says I have the latest version. Warning is still there, but it works. I'm running it on an older 3ghz, 3 gig, XP machine. If you can get it to work, the tutorals are very helpful.

I've realised I don't really need the mapping capabilities as much as I want to play 3 different videos at the same time. I dusted off an old version of Adobe Preimier Elements and am able to do what I need with it. I created a mask containing 3 circles and saved them with a transparent background, then play each video in a different circle.

I understand you are looking for the mapping abilities so hopefully you can get VPT-7 to work. I think others are just letting you know there are others ways to do it. lol It easy to say that when you already own the software. Good Luck...

Alan...

I bought a video from Digital Press Works last Halloween and was really impressed with it. He made it custom for us so that we could use both LOR and our projector. Here is our house last year in case you want to see how it looks. 

If you skip to 3:16 you'll see his videos that he had pre made like on his website

We plan on using him again this year for a new video

Edited by wensteve

Hi looks pretty neat I finally got to talk to Matt at digital press works to modify a sequence for me.

• 1 month later...

I bought a video from Digital Press Works last Halloween and was really impressed with it. He made it custom for us so that we could use both LOR and our projector. Here is our house last year in case you want to see how it looks. 

If you skip to 3:16 you'll see his videos that he had pre made like on his website

We plan on using him again this year for a new video

I know this is an older post, just wondering if you are running 2 different pc's at the same time or 1 pc with LoR contolling video also?

I have video and light but can't seem to get them to sync and I was wondering if there is a way in LoR to do this?

thanks,

I know this is an older post, just wondering if you are running 2 different pc's at the same time or 1 pc with LoR contolling video also?

I have video and light but can't seem to get them to sync and I was wondering if there is a way in LoR to do this?

thanks,

Just use the video media with LOR.  When you do your sequence, rather than selecting an audio file, select the video file that you use on your house.

• The topic was locked