Who said making snubbers is easy?

ok so i guess it is because if you run LED lights they do not pull enough power to make the controller work right..  

Maybe just use MORE LIGHTS to make up the difference and get enough lights on it it will work better... just go pout and BUY MORE and MORE lights until it works without having to make a snubber...lol

after all isnt that what its really all about... more lights, more lights more lights...lol

It's a bit more technical than that, but try adding a simple C9 incandescent light to your string(s) and see if there's a difference.

If it looks better, then think about adding a snubber or Glade or other artificial (ghost) load to smooth things out.

i am just gonna read and learn... maybe because I use all mini lights so far I havent had a problem that I know of... But that may change in the future... Live, Read and Learn..

Sarge, 

The actual issue is the capacative charge that the wire for the strings stores.  The LEDs only turn on after a certain voltage threshold... so when that voltage is not high enough to turn on the LEDs, there is no LEDs load to dissipate that charge.  The longer the wire, the more capacitance you will have.  That will not allow the triacs to turn off properly.. (not getting too deep into this AGAIN)... but, suffice to say, the "dummy load" or "snubber" helps disapate that charge when there is either capacitance built into the LED circuit as manufactured, or the capacitance which is created by having long twisted wires is high enough to keep the triacs from working correctly,  ie... lots of LED strings. 

Example:  I have a tree that takes about 2500 LEDs.  When I connect up 2000 LEDs it works fine with the Gen2 or Gen3 controller.  When I connect the last 5 strings (500 LEDs), it won't shut off.  As a matter of fact it stays on at about half power.  Adding a dummy load fixed the problem. That problem was actually the wire and NOT the LEDs themselves.  (Again, not going into the technical depths we have before)... but I thnk you get the picture if you have any background in electronics and know about capacitance..

Even in my most redneck moments I just couldn't bring myself to hang the plug-ins all over my display,

But you would of had the best smelling display around. :lol: