Light-O-Rama Forums

Oklahoma has record ICE.

James Shelby

I might have one big black eye right now but we did turn some lights back on tonight. I watched for 6 hours while the ice claimed 110 acers of trees and 2 million lights. Looks like next year we need to find something else to hang the lights on. I might have my display running by this weekend, I need to remove some limbs and we will see.

Attached files 146282=8608-DSC03460.JPG

Wow, I'm a little sickened seeing all that damage, especially comparing it to the pics on your website. I hope you can salvage something for this year, and I hope you're back better than ever next year.

-Tim

Most of the buildings are coming back on but we have unpluged everything on the ground. We have an big American flag made with lights in our park and it looks like it was the only thing not damaged, it will be on tonight, God Bless The USA.

James Shelby wrote:

Most of the buildings are coming back on but we have unpluged everything on the ground. We have an big American flag made with lights in our park and it looks like it was the only thing not damaged, it will be on tonight, God Bless The USA.

How bad is the walk-through tunnel/bridge display?

-Tim

All I can say is...Wow :shock: I'm sorry for the damage. Hopefully things will thaw soon and the repairs can begin. As Tim said, your website pictures are great! It's a real shame.

Above all be careful whatever you do!

Sally

Strange how something so beautiful can be so destructive. When I lived in WV we had some ice storms but nothing like what you folks have. My heart goes out to you and all your neighbors it is a terrible thing. Good luck trying to save what you can.

You won't believe this but the bridge has been rebuilt as of tonight. I still can't open it because of a massive limb right above the display, 40 feet off the ground we need a picker to get to it. We have opened our gym as a shelter for our neighbors. We have had a few families spending the night so far and they can stay as long as needed, it should be a week or more until all power is on to 160,000 homes just here in town. Talking abought the bridge I did find this

and
I have over 100 trees just like these in this photo. Pastor Hagin has always told us " he will not quit and he can not be defeated" and that has rubbed off on all the workers in the Rhema 2007 Christmas Crew and the two of us in the electrical department. We will get as much of the lights on as possable. I can't see any trees coming back on but at 2 million lights, 200,000 to 300,000 lights still looks good on the buildings. Thanks you guys for all your support I needed it after spending a year planning this display. So now it looks like the 2008 show will have two years of planning. So send me all your crazy ideas, ones your wife would not let you build and I'll look at it and I'll even put your name and city on it for 2008. Keep Oklahoma in your prayers, Good Bless You All. James

Attached files 146364=8611-DSC03491.JPG

Living in Southern California I have no concept of the damage that can be done by ice. We have no weather here...

When I saw the scenes on TV, my first thoughts were to this community and the damage they'd endure. After such a disaster, I can't conceive how you'd recover so quickly! So glad to here that the show will go on.

• The topic was locked