Light-O-Rama Forums

Error Saving File

TommySmith68

Error saving file is the message that I am getting and nothing has changed was working on a sequence and tried saving it under another name and it keeps popping up this error, any suggestions?

T.Smith

Dan - Thanks for the reply. I did find the problem , it appears that Norton Premier when installed deleted some files and folders so beware of just letting that software run on its own without checking to see what it is getting rid of.

T.Smith

• 3 years later...

Dan- I am getting the same error, I tried another folder, no go.
Here is the error message:
Error saving file...Do you want to try and save to another file name?
Detail: Invalid procedure call or argument

Any other suggestions? I would really love to save my file...

• 2 weeks later...

DocBrown86 wrote:

Dan- I am getting the same error, I tried another folder, no go.
Here is the error message:
Error saving file...Do you want to try and save to another file name?
Detail: Invalid procedure call or argument

Any other suggestions? I would really love to save my file...

Don't know if you ever resolved this problem, so here's some things to look and check for.

What version of the sequencer are you using? The latest one and what level do you have?

I know I, and many others, encountered this issue with a previous version of the Sequencer (2.9.8 I believe), so if you have that one, you need to download the latest version, which is 2.9.4 and install it.

That is, if this is the issue, if not, then I'm not sure why you would be getting that error, not unless you're using the DEMO version, and then trying to save a file from an option that might not be available in the DEMO version of the software.

Then you'd have to purchase a license to save those files. I'm doing this from memory when I had the DEMO software, so I'm not 100% sure about this, hopefully someone here will see this and know for certain if this could be the case.

Oh, and check your virus checking software, some have to have the LOR files placed in them as "exceptions" or "allowed" to run, you may also want to check your firewall settings for the same thing. As the firewall can also create this issue if the software did not install correctly, or even if it did, something could have become corrupted and windows may give you an error when attempting to save a file.

Good luck!

This thread was started in 2007 and deals with LOR S1 software. S2 and later uses a different format for files and data

JBullard wrote:

This thread was started in 2007 and deals with LOR S1 software. S2 and later uses a different format for files and data

Look at the date of the post I responded too:

DocBrown86 Posted July 21, 2011 04:33.
Also note his "joined" date: July 20, 2011, he wasn't even here during 2007.

This WAS NOT a response to a 2007 inquiry, but one asked just about a week or two ago. I would think noone would still be using S1 currently! (are they?)

So I figured he may have been asking about issues that some of us encountered when we upgraded to a version of S2 that DID have this issue, not S1, and hence my answers to that particular message, because of the date of its posting.

Otherwise if it was "OUTDATED" and posted in 2007, chances are I would not have even answered his post, but being dated July 21, 2011 made a difference.

Now he may have done a search and posted in here not realizing how outdated this area was, or posted here thinking it was the proper place to ask, since the question had been asked and this issue been brought up previously.

This is why, in my opinion, if you do a search and post, you may not get exactly what you're looking for, or you get placed in an area where you may post something, and not realize you're posting in S1 or a wrong area, and NOT an S2 or correct area to get the issue resolved/answered.

It's one of the reasons I don't like the search option here, and why many times after being frustrated after attempting to locate something with it, I post what I'm seeking, even though it may have been answered already elsewhere, but search WAS NOT returning it.

The Search feature here is just not always worth the time, mainly because of the way it responds with information that many times, DOES NOT even pertain to what you are looking for.

I too just ran into this error saving message. Yes I have a licensed 2.9.4 advanced version. Navigating the forum today has been very slow for me, I may need to reboot, but want to save my file if I can.

scubado wrote:

I too just ran into this error saving message. Yes I have a licensed 2.9.4 advanced version. Navigating the forum today has been very slow for me, I may need to reboot, but want to save my file if I can.

Might want to post this in the LOR 2 Software Forum.

MikeH

scubado wrote:

Yes, ever since around 11am this morning Sunday 7/31/2011, the forum has been crawling slower than any snail I've ever watched creep along! Don't know why it's being so slow.

5:56 EST/EDT? forum seems to be back up to speed now. Everything is popping up almost immediately.

I think I found the problem in my case. I rebooted my computer. I came back to the forum and found the thread in S2. I opened my editor and started over what I had done before saving after each step. What I was doing was going back through my songs to change the setup. I decided instead of a 7 segment arch, I changed to 7 mini's. Also, my original plans and programing was for 96 channels and had to change to 80 instead. After rearranging the channels and then importing the correct layout was when I couldn't save any more. The original file had 5 tracks, the new layout only had one track. Once I eliminated the extra tracks then imported I was fine.