Light-O-Rama Forums

Exporting

anthonyrusso3

When Ever I try to export without the macro channels it still has them is there a fix to this ?

Explain to me exactly what the macro channels are and why i would not wan them to export with my sequence.

The macro channels give instructions to Light-O-Rama strings to do various chase patterns, and can change the number of pixels in the string. But superstar doesn't use them so you don't need them. The most common reason people want them removed is if you are doing copy/paste onto some DMX strings. DMX strings do not have the macro channels and so if the macro channels are in the export you have to select all the channels in the string but not the macro channels and then paste that onto the DMX string.

If the macro channels are not there, then you can copy all the strings, and paste them with one paste into the DMX strings.

• 4 weeks later...

Any videos of what the macro's look like?  Wondering what I'm missing by using non LOR pixel strips? It's been explained what they do, but I sure would like to actually see (rather than read) an example of the advantages in using the CCR's.

I don't know of any videos right off. But I know there is something called macro-maestro that is designed to make it easy to use the macros. Here is a reference to it:

http://forums.planetchristmas.com/index.php?/topic/41787-introducing-macro-maestro-for-lor-ccr-macro-coding/

You can do cool things with the macros, but the reason superstar does not use them is because all of the macros put the Cosmic Color Device into a "mode" and you can't do any other effects on them during that time. For example, there is a macro channel that makes it is to do a chase pattern, but while doing that, you can't do any other patterns. The macros were put in there back when there was no software to easily sequence CCRs with, and the macros were designed to make it easier.

But with SuperStar you can do all the chase patterns that are in the macros, plus much more. So that is why SuperStar does not use them.