Light-O-Rama Forums

Issues with Upgrades to 1.6.15

ICEPICK

I'm having issues with my updgrade to 1.6.15. I've ran the wipe as suggested on other posts and have upgraded my driver but I'm still getting the "Next show start at 12:00 am on Sunday meassage" Can someone help me?

I captured this exact problem on my system running 1.6.15 this past Sunday. I got some screen captures so that I could send them to LOR for further investigation. I sent them to Dan today.

When I noticed this problem, I waited up until 12:00 AM so that I could see if the light show would turn on. As soon as the system hit 12:00 AM, the control panel status window corrected itself to the correct start time of the show (6:00 PM).

I can send you my screen shots if you want. Just PM if you are interested.

When I hear back from LOR I will also let you know. However, if the screen shots prove hekpful to the guys at LOR, I am sure they will post the fix or explanation here for everyone's benefit.

Thanks for the reply!! Did you have to wait until a Sunday or was it 12:00 am that day (or next day, however you look at it)?

I had this issue last night. Things were running fine on 1.6.15 untill I had to shut down everyting due to an Ice Storm. The next day I booted up and got the "Next show start at 12:00 am on Sunday " and my schedule was empty.

To fix I Shut down any instance of LOR running in memory including the Light bulb service on the task bar. Next I ran the registry wipe, then without rebooting or anything I ran the Hardware Utility. As a result of the wipe, I had to tell the software where my Seq and music files were stored and reset the Comm ports and re-scan for my LOR hardware. Closed the Hardware Utility and started scheduler, everything was back in place.

Now what I havent done is reboot after doing all that since my show started up. I suspect that Ill have the same issue if I were to reboot the machine.

~Tim

TFancher wrote:

I had this issue last night. Things were running fine on 1.6.15 untill I had to shut down everyting due to an Ice Storm. The next day I booted up and got the "Next show start at 12:00 am on Sunday " and my schedule was empty.

To fix I Shut down any instance of LOR running in memory including the Light bulb service on the task bar. Next I ran the registry wipe, then without rebooting or anything I ran the Hardware Utility. As a result of the wipe, I had to tell the software where my Seq and music files were stored and reset the Comm ports and re-scan for my LOR hardware. Closed the Hardware Utility and started scheduler, everything was back in place.

Now what I havent done is reboot after doing all that since my show started up. I suspect that Ill have the same issue if I were to reboot the machine.

~Tim

I am not sure what happed here but you should not need to do any type of re-initialization when the PC is stopped/started.

If that is true please let us know.

I've had this same issue and while it may be annoying, I tested it and nothing happens.

I have the same show scheduled to run from 5:30pm to 10pm every evening. All through the week, when the show ends at 10:00pm, the status window readjusts and says the next show starts the following day at 5:30pm.

All except Saturday night. When that show ends, it says the next show is for 12:00am on Sunday. Of course, I could find no evidence of a 12:00am show in the schedule. The first week it happened, I just turned off the laptop and rebooted it the next day and all was well (the next show came up as 5:30pm).

This last Saturday I was up and around, so I sat and watched the laptop to see what happened when this 12:00am Sunday "phantom" show started up.

As soon as the clock got to 12:00am, nothing came on lighting-wise and the status window changed to the next show starting at 5:30pm on Sunday.

So nothing really happened with the lights, and the correct show time eventually came up....

Randy

Ok I connected remotly to my show PC and rebooted it. After restart, the Schedule remains intact and the monitor program shows the correct time for the next show.

Not sure why it decided to glitch out on me like that yesterday, but the registry wipe and reinitialize seems to do the trick for me.

I hope the steps I took to fix it will Help Icepick and Randy with thier similar issues.

~Tim

My problerm is fixed! I woke up this morning and the scheduler is reset to start at 5:00 PM and not 12:00 am on Sunday (probanly not an ideal time to start a show). Seems like the system has to cycle through a 12:00 am to reset. Thanks for all the help!! Happy holiday!!!

I had the same problem with my show machine running 1.6.15, there was a brownout that tripped the system. When it came back up, it didn't find the schedule. When I investigated, it turned out that the LOR had decided to start loading schedule files from the Documents and Settings[profile name] directory rather that the Light-O-Rama directory where it had been before the reboot/crash. I simply copied the files there for a quick fix, and it is still using that location. I haven't rebooted or done a registry wipe since, afterall it is working.

So far I have tracked 3 different locations that LOR seems to look for the schedule files: The Light-O-Rama directory, the Sequences directory, and now the user profile directory. The hard part is when the control panel and the scheduler are looking for the files in different places. So if you are having problems with dissappearing schedules, check those directories for the schedule files and see which one is getting updated.