Jump to content

CTB16PC Controller Issus


doubleeaz
 Share

Recommended Posts

I am getting started very late this year. Just tested my setup tonight. First year using LOR, 9 CTB16PC controllers and just about everything worked first time. I used dlight stuff last year and could not get a single thing to work.

I have a Acer labtop running Vista Home Basic. I believe that my controllers have version 4.03(?) software. I am running version 1.66 of the hardware utility. I am using the RF transceivers, total of 4 in the sytem.

First issue, I have one CTB16PC that does not show up in the Hardware utility when I do a search. If I type in the unit manually, I can control it. I tried to change the unit ID, but that fails. I have not run a sequence yet, but would it work even if I can't access the unit in the Hardware Utility? I did connect directly to this unit and all other units are powered down.

Second issue, on a different CTB16PC, channels 9-16 do not work. The controller is powered and channels 1-8 respond correctly. I have checked the fuses and also that AC is present at the fuse. Since one bank of the channels are not responding I assume that maybe this could be one of two shift registers (?). I am an electrical engineer and have access to oscope, DMM, etc.

Thanks for any help. Now on to getting some sequence going.

Rodger

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What do you have you Max Units set to in the Hardware Utility, and what it the address of the unit you cannot see?

I ran into this issue, when I set a unit ID to 10, thinking that is was unit "ten" not "one-zero". When I set my max units to 10, I couldn't find the unit, but when I set the max units to 17, I was able to see the unit (first 16 units are 01 thru 0F).

Hope that helps

Chris

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The hardware utility only comes up with 8 units while I have 9. They are numbered 1-9. The unit I am having trouble with is unit 2. I have max units set to 16.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just tried the J0 jumper reset sequence and I can now see the CTB1PC unit 2 in the hardware utility. I thought that I had tried this, but maybe I missed a step before.

Now if I could just fix the 8 non-functioning channels on the other controller. Is there a schematic available for the controller? That would help with debugging.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is a troubleshooting guide on the Lightorama.com support page. Very good guide.

Just a note. On the other boards, and I assume on the PC version. The on board electronics get powered from the right side of the board, channels 9-16.

Are you powering the board with one or two input cords?

Did you assemble these boards? Are ALL components install in the proper oreintation? That may sound silly, but as careful as I have been with the assembly of my 8 boards, I have gotten some components install incorrectly.

Chuck

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Chuck,
Thanks for the reply. All my boxes are powered by two cords. I checked for AC voltage at both fuses and also that both fuses were good.

I also assembled all the boards myself. All were tested and were functional back early this summer. They have been in the boxes since they were built.

Regards,
Rodger

Link to comment
Share on other sites

LightORamaDan

Roger,

Try swapping comm the comm chip ( 8 pin chip ) from a good card to the bad card.

Dan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...