Light-O-Rama Forums

Drone Recommendations

jfuller8400

hahahaha The Chimp Is Cool... 

No someone needs to come up with legal privately owned mini missiles for the common man to protect his privacy with..

Target locked on..... FIRE...    another idea.... a pellet gun mounted to my own drone as a hunt and destroy hunter...

dog fights with drones could become a new fad... like rc ships having Navy ship battles in pools and fountains....

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=youtube+rc+ship+battles&qpvt=u+tube+rc+ship+battles&FORM=VDRE#view=detail&mid=0F109E43CF6F7A9AD62B0F109E43CF6F7A9AD62B

• Like 1

Many people in the hobby are very worried about some of the practices described here. It's the kind of stuff Fox (Not)News loves to "report" on to make them seem dangerous to society, and too bring attention from some over-reacting, save us from our self Congressman. Please, if you are going to use one, read the AMA guidelines for safety, and you should even consider joining the AMA, and it will insure you if there is an accident. Most homeowners insurance does not cover RC flying devices when the time comes, no matter what they tell you ahead of time. I have seen, first hand, the damage and injury these things can cause. They really are not "toys"

https://www.modelaircraft.org/files/105.pdf

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The New Drone is Here.. The new Drone is Here......! (think of the movie the Jerk. The new Phonebooks are here...The new Phonebooks are here)

Now all I have to do is learn how to fly it? Guess I know what ill be doing this weekend! :D

post-11409-0-60484900-1432322202_thumb.j

• Like 1

Ooooh... That's one of the one's I've been looking at getting myself.  You'll have to post back what you think of it.

Some of the best advice I've gotten so far was when Dcroc said to get a small, inexpensive one to start leaning with.  I did that and he's right, you crash a lot at first :P

Joel

Many people in the hobby are very worried about some of the practices described here. It's the kind of stuff Fox (Not)News loves to "report" on to make them seem dangerous to society, and too bring attention from some over-reacting, save us from our self Congressman. Please, if you are going to use one, read the AMA guidelines for safety, and you should even consider joining the AMA, and it will insure you if there is an accident. Most homeowners insurance does not cover RC flying devices when the time comes, no matter what they tell you ahead of time. I have seen, first hand, the damage and injury these things can cause. They really are not "toys"

https://www.modelaircraft.org/files/105.pdf

listen to him people he's absolutely right. drones are getting a bad rap because of irresponsible people who own them and the press that wants to sensationalize every story. kind of like pit bulls I don't know of any bad ones myself. The press has decided every dog that bites is a pitbull regardless of its actual breed. And irresponsible people who intentionally or not raise a bad dog of any breed. I'm a proud member of the AMA myself. and please if you're going to get a drone become a member and fly responsibly. I fly to giant scale model aircraft and I'm a local instructor teaching beginners and up to advanced aerobatics. and we work hard at trying to keep good relations with the public.
  • Like 1

The New Drone is Here.. The new Drone is Here......! (think of the movie the Jerk. The new Phonebooks are here...The new Phonebooks are here)

Now all I have to do is learn how to fly it? Guess I know what ill be doing this weekend! :D

not fair, lol. Let us know how it is. I want one really bad, but have to buy other Christmas stuff first.

• Like 1

The Lilly looks pretty cool, The follow me system is great, I have seen it on other drones, The only drawback is that you it looks as

though you cant control the camera?

I Just took my Phantom 3 out on its maiden voyage and I must say I am  IMPRESSED!

The drone is super easy to fly, I was concerned that it would be very touchy or jerky when using the controller, However; quite the opposite, It can take off and land on its own, when  you take your hands off the controls it just hovers. I didn't take any video yet cause I was just  trying to get the feel, Flight time was just over 20 min, Just home now charging the battery and well be flying again soon, I didn't realize the batteries take about 1.5 hours to recharge. I have 2 but it might be time to order another.............it also would not work with my IPad 2 so it was a little difficult trying to view it on my Galaxy 4.

Ooooh... That's one of the one's I've been looking at getting myself.  You'll have to post back what you think of it.

Some of the best advice I've gotten so far was when Dcroc said to get a small, inexpensive one to start leaning with.  I did that and he's right, you crash a lot at first :P

Joel

Personally, I wouldn't waste the money on a TEST drone, save your money for an extra battery or other accessories, the small inexpensive ones are just that, there is no comparison to a Phantom 3 and one you will find at your local toy store. Ill say it again, I have never flown an airplane or Drone before and it is SUPER EASY!

Perhaps the Phantom 2 or other drones were hard to fly but you will have NO PROBLEM operating the Phantom 3. I would recommend flying in an open area but even after my first flight I would have no problem flying it in my house, that's how steady and controlled it is

• Like 1

Personally, I wouldn't waste the money on a TEST drone, save your money for an extra battery or other accessories, the small inexpensive ones are just that, there is no comparison to a Phantom 3 and one you will find at your local toy store. Ill say it again, I have never flown an airplane or Drone before and it is SUPER EASY!

Perhaps the Phantom 2 or other drones were hard to fly but you will have NO PROBLEM operating the Phantom 3. I would recommend flying in an open area but even after my first flight I would have no problem flying it in my house, that's how steady and controlled it is

Your not making this easy to stay away from purchasing one. Dang it!!

I got  one and al it did was hover a few feet from my chair in the living room :)

:D

• Like 1

You might have a little trouble flying it in your house (being a beginner) gps wont work indoors so you'll have to fly it in attitude or manual mode, hole different animal lol.

Ps stay away from manual mode until you really know what you're doing!

A man was just arrested in Philly for flying his "drone" over the Phillies stadium.  If people keep up these dangerous practices the AMA will lose it's ongoing fight with the Government, and FAA that wants to make these things illegal.

Edited by Dcroc

This begets the question, what is a drone?

Max?  is this really you?  Google is your friend my friend.. pictures and explanations... The pictures will help the most.  So many kinds..

I don't think Max is  actually asking what a "drone is" I think he is asking what constitutes a drone based on the post about flying over Phillies Stadium?

A "drone" is clearly the medias new pitbul or big black gun.....they (media) are currently doing everything they can to cause problems right now.

• Like 1